International Conduct Risk ManagerApply now Job ID 21382BR Location London, Canada, Singapore, Canada, United Kingdom, Hong Kong;
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
International Risk coordinates second-line risk oversight for all international activities across Wells Fargo through policies, risk assessments, credible challenge, monitoring, and testing. The team ensures consistent, effective oversight; facilitates collaboration; shares best practices; and provides a consolidated view of aggregated international risks across the company.
Working closely with other risk teams across the company, International Risk segments the varied global risk landscape by assigning teams to cover distinct geographical regions:
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Canada and Latin America
- Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)
- Enterprise Global Services
- International Risk Operations and Shared Services
International Compliance Risk is a part of the larger International Risk team, and includes regulatory compliance, conduct and reputation risk coverage.
About the Role
The job title for this role is International Conduct RiskManager. It is a new role that will support the International Risk Compliance Officer in oversight function for Wells Fargo outside the United States, with principal focus on conduct risk, and contributory focus on regulatory compliance risk and reputation risk as necessary.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting to oversee consistent and strong conduct risk programs across all the International regions/functions, partnering with compliance risk leaders and teams across the company, including:
- Ensuring consistency and quality of regional/functional International conduct programs/ processes.
- Coordinating conduct risk with the International regions/functions, the Conduct Management Office, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinating roles and responsibilities and sharing best practices.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of International conduct risk frameworks, programs, policies, procedures, analytics, and reporting.
- Communicating International Risk identification expectations and protocols.
- Coordinating, including assembling and coordinating project teams, developing and managing International conduct risk-related project budgets and plans, tracking and reporting issues, following up on action items, reporting and ensuring adherence to timelines and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Identifying and eliminating obstacles to project plans, business goals, or implementation, and assisting in the development and implementation of contingency plans.
- Researching and assisting in the preparation of analyses, presentations and/or reports for International conduct risk.
- Creating and accurately maintaining all conduct risk-related project reporting and tracking documentation according to International Risk standards.
- Relevant university degree and minimum of ten years of relevant experience gained in an international financial center.
- Sound understanding of the operation of international financial markets and the purpose and importance of effective regulatory oversight, risk management and corporate governance, with an emphasis on conduct risk, bank culture, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, quality management and organizational skills.
- The ability to interact with multiple levels of management and to persuade others in obtaining key stakeholder buy-in.
- Excellent coordination skills, including ability to work with various stakeholders to accomplish complex conduct risk management projects from inception to implementation.
- Must be able to analyze issues and make key decisions consistent with corporate/International Risk policies with minimal direct management intervention.
- Ability to quickly learn business processes, including risk management/conduct risk policies and procedures.
- High degree of initiative and strong ability to meet key responsibilities with limited direction and oversight; must be a self-starter and be proactive with ideas.
- Good interpersonal/relationship-building skills and ability to deal effectively with senior management and staff at all levels, as well as with regulators.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to ability to consistently work unsupervised and meet deadlines.
- Reliability, conscientiousness and ability to produce work of a high quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluency in spoken and written English required.
- Legal, Compliance or regulatory background viewed advantageously.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.