Lead CounselLocation: London, United Kingdom Job ID R-170629
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Counsel
In this role, you will:
- Provide day to day support the Head of EMEA Legal Department (‘EMEA AGC’) in carrying out his role and in delivering the team’s objectives.
- Serve as an experienced legal advisor to senior management of the businesses and functions within Wells Fargo on issues and key projects both autonomously and in conjunction with the EMEA AGC.
- Assisting the EMEA AGC by keeping track of, monitoring and assisting on key projects and other matters and keeping track of key internal and external developments.
- Handle matters that have a significant impact on operations, strategies, or profitability of the EMEA legal team
- Assisting the impact and effectiveness of the EMEA Legal Team through creating, gathering, collating and analysing data and information and providing analysis and recommendations and options to the EMEA AGC in relation to issues identified and in ensuring internal requirements are met
- Assisting with intra-team communications, ensuring all team members and stakeholders are aligned on timelines, priorities and deliverables and promoting cross team collaboration and alignment
- Apply legal expertise proactively, to manage the most complex legal and regulatory issues
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development and assist the EMEA AGC and other in the team in the development of controls, risk management frameworks and management information gathering
- Planning, co-ordinating, inputting into and following up on key meetings and deliverables with key internal and external stakeholders
- Co-ordination with the Head of CIB Legal’s Division Co-Ordinator on key departmental initiatives.
- Develop relationships with and provide guidance to more experienced leadership including executive officers on issues that may present legal, regulatory, compliance, or reputational risk to the Company
- Collaborate with and influence all levels of professionals, including more experienced managers and senior executives
- Oversee and take an active role in the education and training of a team of lawyers
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- Experience in Law, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Solicitor or equivalent professional qualification/membership
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.