Payroll Senior AnalystJob ID 45263BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
The Wells Fargo EMEA Payroll team has a new opportunity for an experienced payroll professional to join the team based in King William Street, London. This role has a combination of payroll processing and preparing for a period of audit. Candidates with EMEA payroll audit experience would have a distinct advantage.
Must have a positive attitude and experience with planning, initiating, and monitoring change management activities. Ability to work cross culturally, understanding unique cultural needs to achieve communication effectiveness and collaboration. Functional ability to build relationships with business partner and support roles will be a key attribute of the selected candidate’s skills. Proven ability to collaborate with others, initiate action and complete challenging assignments. Role requires the ability to work through complex and sensitive business challenges consistently and effectively through collaboration and transparency.
Performs moderately complex work in support of payroll preparation and distribution for all countries in Europe and the Middle East across Wells Fargo’s businesses. Currently this includes UK, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden and UAE. Manage vendor relationships and workflows to execute accurate and timely payroll services to all of Wells Fargo’s team members across the region. Ensure compliance to the related local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides consultation to analysts on the most complex activities requiring specialised expertise related to maintaining complete and accurate records of payroll information.
- Improves and updates payroll operations and controls, and maintains compliance with policy and/or law: recommends corrective actions as needed.
- Acts as an internal consultant in at least one specialised area of expertise regarding payroll enquiries, records, deductions and procedures.
- Guides resolution of payroll regulatory risk by applying understanding of current and new industry practices.
- Analyzes, reviews and resolves highly complex data and/or transaction changes and escalated exceptions in area of focus with significant legal compliance consequences and impact on operations and resources.
- Advises, coaches and mentors analysts on assignments.
- Provide strategic inputs in support of audit readiness which aligns with corresponding requirements of the business and applicable external impacting factors.
- Directly accountable for the day to day audit operations to include
- Development and oversight of pro-active audit readiness actions in support of quality audit preparedness and optimal document quality
- Accountable for quality of any and all data that is forwarded to third parties, both for internal and external audits.
Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Market Skills and Certifications
· Experienced in supporting Executive or Senior Level Leadership
· Strong project and program skills managing multiple priorities and initiatives
· Self-motivated to proactively plan work and solve problems and a high sense of urgency; results oriented
· Compliance knowledge related to identifying risk and mitigating sensitive situations
· Change management concepts and application
· Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· Previous international payroll experience.
· Ability to multi-task and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Good team working skills.
· General financial skills and knowledge, including basic understanding of balance sheet and budgeting.
· System utilisation: Microsoft Office, internet/intranet, office business systems experience.
Working knowledge of PeopleSoft is preferred.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.