WF Asset Management UK Company SecretaryApply now Job ID 39124BR Location London, United Kingdom, Dublin, Ireland;
Market Job Description
Provision of legal support to Legal Department in the EMEA Region, with particular emphasis on company secretarial matters for the UK Wells Fargo Asset Management entities. Provide support as a member of the Corporate Governance Team that is responsible for legal entity lifecycle management and governance, entity database management, corporate records maintenance and supporting strategic transactional work.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Provision of legal support on a broad range of matters to the EMEA Legal Department.
- The paralegal will be a central resource assisting with various issues, as well as having responsibility for certain discrete projects.
- Perform corporate secretarial functions for all legal entities in EMEA including coordinating subsidiary board meetings, drafting and/or reviewing by-laws, articles, operating agreements, partnership agreements, capitalization tables, stock registers/transfer documentation, minutes, resolutions and other corporate actions and administrative responsibilities.
- Assistance in managing the formation/acquisition, registration, ongoing maintenance and disposition of new and existing legal entities and investments.
- Provide transactional support for mergers, dissolutions, acquisitions, investments, contributions, dividends, asset sales and other corporate transactions.
- Reviewing legal/transaction documents and associated correspondence.
- Organising and preparing agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings, taking minutes and following up on matters from these meetings.
- Maintaining statutory registers or books including registers, overseeing certain regional company and regulatory filings.
- Responsible for database/document management and ensuring the integrity of data maintained in Wells Fargo’s Systems of record for legal entity information.
- Resolve issues where substantial expertise is required to analyze relevant law, regulations, policies and guidelines.
- May provide oversight, train or mentor less experiences paralegals as necessary.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Hold an academic qualification in English, Irish law or other common law jurisdiction (LLB, LLM, FEI, PPC, Post-Graduate Diploma in Law etc.) or able to demonstrate sound technical knowledge of relevant subjects.
- Desirable to hold an ICSA qualification or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Have prior employment experience with a law firm or financial services organization, though other relevant experience will be considered.
- Be able to demonstrate transactional experience.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in providing support in company secretarial matters.
- Have a strong understanding of equity investment operative documents including but not limited to, limited liability company operating and partnership agreements, stock purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, articles of incorporation, by-laws, designation of preferred stock and joint venture agreements.
- Be highly-motivated, have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a broader team.
- Have excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Have a mature, flexible, proactive and creative approach to their work.
- Be able to manage projects independently
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.