AVP for Risk AnalyticsApply now Job ID 22215BR Location Manila, Philippines;
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Community Banking Risk Management (CBRM) is Second Line of Defense (SLOD) Group Risk function responsible for independently overseeing the regulatory and operational risk activities within Community Banking.
About the role
This senior risk manager position will lead one of 3 functional groups within the CBRM Risk Analytics and Monitoring Group at the EGS Manila location. The incumbent will build a strong risk analytic foundation to identify and aggregate data across transactions, interactions, customers, team members and products for the purposes of supervising and monitoring risk. This data and suite of analytic capabilities will in turn enable near real-time monitoring and surveillance capabilities and provide key metrics and reporting to enhance accountability throughout Community Banking’s branch leadership structure.
- Identify and implement a data-driven, consistent process of surveillance and supervision for branch activities to proactively monitor for all aspects of risk
- Collaborate with senior leaders to develop robust actionable metrics and reporting
- Leverage advanced risk data analytics and machine learning techniques to identify risk patterns and trends and provide insights on the effectiveness of Community Banks Supervision and Oversight programs and processes
- Ability to ‘Think like a Risk Manager’ and have the capability to take risk decisions, hence exposure to risk management is a key consideration
- Leverage both structured and unstructured data and “Big Data” analytic tools and platforms to identify and provide insight into current and emerging risk patterns and trends
- Collaborate closely with leaders across Community Banking to identify and optimize the ongoing risk reporting necessary to support first line accountability for monitoring key risk issues
- Develop and implement data analytics and advanced quantitative analytic capabilities for incorporation into near real-time detection strategies
- Lead efforts with both the First Line and Second Line of Defense teams to design and implement workflow (case management) and real-time alerts capabilities
- Leverage risk data and analytics to inform and influence line of business strategic planning team in long term plan development around sales supervision.
- Partner closely with other Community Bank Risk Management teams to support Branch Quality Reviews, Compliance Reviews and other activities providing data analytics as required
- Lead a team of professionals in executing key operational objectives throughout the group and develop resource plans to determine required budget and staffing to fulfill the group’s responsibility
- Interested candidates must be college graduates with educational background in Mathematics, Statistics and/or other related programs
- 10+ years of relevant experience in analytics, modeling, or a combination of both; 3+ years of people management experience in an advanced quantitative analytics function
- Knowledge of Consumer or Retail bank products, sales processes, data and systems.
- Experience in Operational Risk Management in Banking and Financial Services Industry
- Effective leadership ability to drive successful execution of strategic plans; ability to plan, prioritize and set goals. Must possess strong collaborative skills.
- Must be able to execute effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas.
- Capability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including executive management, regulatory examiners and internal auditors.
- Demonstrated experience with Big Data capabilities, especially Teradata Aster, Hadoop, and Spark
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior and executive leaders and simplify the complex
- Capability to influence without direct authority, create and manage (while achieving results) large-scale change and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to attract, retain, develop and motivate high performing professionals and teams.
- Must be able to lead through adversity and adjust to changing priorities
- Work hours: 5:30pm to 2:30am Manila time
- Work location: Bonifacio Global City, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
Internal only: Interested team members must have at least 12 months tenure in current role and not under current Corrective Action. Team members should inform their manager prior application for career coaching and consultation on how the position you have applied fits in your career development plan.