Financial AccountantJob ID 53182BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo Philippines
Wells Fargo Philippines enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Operations, Risk and Compliance, Project Management, Finance & Accounting and Data Analytics. We operate in Taguig City, Metro Manila.
The Capital Markets Accounting Operations Center of Excellence was established to bring the controller activities into one centralized team within the Controllers division that delivers expertise on anything and everything that touches the ledger. This team focuses on reconciliations and controls on fixed income, securities, and derivatives for Traded Products. The group performs reconciliations of books and records across Well Fargo Securities supporting the corporate general ledger, stock record, depositories, custodial positions, and SEC/regulatory reporting.
About the Role
Also known internally as Fin Rep & Analysis Analyst 3
Derivatives Center of Excellence (DCOE) is a team created in response to issues identified with derivatives reporting and netting that prompted a SOX Significant Deficiency. To complete the role of the Derivatives Center of Excellence requires a comprehensive set of derivatives and collateral information. This comprehensive dataset must be reconciled to GL to ensure completeness. Data validation activities are also performed to ensure the accuracy of data elements received and derived.
- Validation activities-certain monitoring of data elements for completeness and accuracy are required to ensure data quality and accurate reporting
- Quarter-end Reporting: Overnight LOB Package creation, manual adjustments, creation of certain reporting templates for the team
- Collateral Reconciliation-Weekly reconciliation of collateral information contained in Derivatives Application compared to General Ledger to enable the team to review/conduct research of discrepancies
- SOX Documentation-Coordinate quarterly review of procedural documentation across the team to ensure documentation is updated timely
- Collateral Reporting-Perform monthly and quarterly reporting of collateral values for the y-9c, call report and TIC reporting
- Preparation of Variance Analysis files: Update files to aid the team in analyzing changes in derivative values month over month/quarter over quarter
- Overnight processing of quarter-end activities: Manual Adjustment Engine runs, update of reconciliation of DNRA to GL, update of Elim Monitoring Report, Hedge Reclassification Activities
- Monthly Reconciliations as assigned to Balance Sheet Certification
- Daily journal entries associated with applications that lack accurate accounting within the system
Market Skills and Certifications
- Candidates with CPA license is highly preferred
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in accounting preferably in derivatives, capital markets, US Regulatory Reporting, US Financial Services and reconciliation/validation.
- Must be proficient in creating reports in Excel, has the ability to maximize use of formulas and functions to streamline reporting needs. Basic understanding of macros programming using VBA/Access is highly preferred.
- Familiarity in portfolio or securities accounting such as securities, commodities, investment funds, derivatives and especially foreign exchange
- Must have in-depth background in compiling and analyzing financial information in preparing entries to accounts, such as general ledgers and document business transactions.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Ability to resolve accounting discrepancies
- Must be able to establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Candidates must be willing to work in night shifts, or weekends/holidays if deemed necessary by the business
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.