Fund Accountant (FX Reconciliation)Job ID 55055BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo Philippines
Wells Fargo Philippines enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Operations, Risk and Compliance, Project Management, Finance & Accounting and Data Analytics. We operate in Taguig City, Metro Manila.
The Capital Markets Accounting Operations Center of Excellence was established to bring the controller activities into one centralized team within the Controllers division that delivers expertise on anything and everything that touches the ledger. This team focuses on reconciliations and controls on fixed income, securities, and derivatives for Traded Products. The group performs reconciliations of books and records across Well Fargo Securities supporting the corporate general ledger, stock record, depositories, custodial positions, and SEC/regulatory reporting.
The SOA Middle Office team supports the Middle Office function related to Assets Held-for-Sale & Held-To-Maturity portfolios. The Fund Accountant also known as Financial Reporting Analysis Analyst 2 compares information between systems of record, trade capture system, and custodian records and receives several reconciliation reports prepared by SOA Balance and Control team. Exceptions are researched, updated, and resolved.
- Review and validate unexpected out of balance conditions (e.g., because of file load or auto-match process or due to certain balance pools that have out of balance conditions due to unbalanced proposed match groups) on OOB reports from Reporting Services application and escalate back to Recon Technology team via Ticket System or to be worked as defined by individual desktop procedures for the balance pools/recons in question.
- Perform standard reconciliation processes based on procedures, to resolve out of balance conditions
- Manual matching as defined by procedure documents specific for the recons in question
- Approve proposed matches created by internal business partners
- Assign departments to exception/outstanding items that are unassigned, to allow for follow-up by internal business partners
- Monitor ticket requests from internal business partners for matching requests or problem resolution and assign tickets and update as needed.
- Batch in zero balance batches as needed for the purpose of netting down outstanding items or updating details within the IntelliMatch application.
- Create batches from saved MS Excel batch templates.
- Perform subsystem to GL Reconciliation (Source System Trial Balance to Oracle GL via SRPL), y reviewing the out of balance conditions that exist on the recon, and locate any manual adjustments that are needed to be incorporated into the recon.
- Support Collateral Management Team by comparing collateral positions booked in Colline to internal systems or third parties. Perform the comparisons of Colline positions to various internal and external locations where collateral is held. Report reconciliation results to various recipients including onshore SOA team, and/or saved to SOA shared drive if needed
- Update daily positions via different custodians
- BONY Physicals Manual Reconciliation – reconcile positions between Bank of New York and Broadridge positions. This position will provide extracted data form data source to be used in manual reconciliation provided to Stock Record groups.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Candidates must be graduates of Accounting or any related course. CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CFA, or FINRA Licensed (Series 7 or 99) are highly preferred
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in accounting preferably in Private Equity Accounting and securities products, US Regulatory Reporting, US Financial Services and reconciliation/validation.
- Experience with IntelliMatch and ticketing tools is a plus
- Experience with reconciliations and the month end general ledger close process.
- Familiarity in portfolio or securities accounting such as securities, commodities, investment funds, derivatives and especially foreign exchange
- Must have in-depth background in compiling and analyzing financial information in preparing entries to accounts, such as general ledgers and document business transactions.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Ability to resolve accounting discrepancies
- Must be able to establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Candidates must be willing to work in night shifts (8:00PM to 5:00AM), or weekends/holidays if deemed necessary by the business
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.