Fund AccountantJob ID 55802BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo Philippines
Wells Fargo Philippines enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Operations, Risk and Compliance, Project Management, Finance & Accounting and Data Analytics. We operate in Taguig City, Metro Manila.
The Securities and Equities Accounting Operations Center of Excellence supports the majority of non-marketable equity investments held by Wells Fargo. Non marketable equity classified instruments can result from a wide set of transactions from proceeds in a bankruptcy proceedings, conditions of software licensing, purchase of office buildings as well as traditional private equity investing. The group supports many different business partners from lines of business across the company. This team has accounting and operations from trade initiation through reporting covering the entire accounting life cycle of the investments; onboarding of new trades, maintenance of trades (such as funding and receipt of dividends) and recording of period equity pickup amounts.
About the Role
Internally known as Financial Reporting & Analysis Analyst 2
The Fund Accountant, internally known as Financial Reporting & Analysis Analyst is responsible for providing product support for the majority of non-marketable equity investments that reside in multiple system applications. This requires an understanding of these products to compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions. Successful candidate will work directly with a variety of individuals including front office traders, middle office trade clearance personnel and accountants within the SOA team. The position requires a great attention to detail and must ensure time sensitive maintenance is performed accurately.
We have multiple roles open across various areas in Securitization, Derivatives, Static Data, Loan Accounting and Securities and Settlement. :
- Performs accounting method check by validating actual accounting method used versus system-recommended based on percentage of ownership.
- Manually book equity pickup and/or OTTI entries in Investran, uploaded in Eagleweb for US review and approval, pushed to final GL - based on email requests from various business groups.
- Shadow-book in Investran all REEF and non-REEF transactions located in general ledger.
- Responsible for deal building, cash postings and monthly reconciliation of Non-marketable equity investments.
- Provides support and review for all entries posted as receivables/ payables related to all non-marketable equity deals.
- Conducts balance review of capital stock and additional paid in capital for NMEI deals.
- Reviews monthly basis adjustments for renewable deals as per monthly amortization schedule.
- Provide support and review for all NMEI sold deals' receivables.
- Conducts researches and accounts for mismatches.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Candidate must be a graduate of bachelor's degree preferably Accounting or Banking and Financial related degree
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred
- Candidate must be a graduate of bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in Accounting preferably related to Derivatives, Capital Markets, Trade Reconciliation and Validation and knowledgeable in US financial services and US Regulatory Reporting
- Relevant years of reporting experience, analytics experience, a combination of both or the month end general ledger close process
- Knowledgeable in accounting for private equity and securities products, reconciliations and the month end general ledger close process
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical skills with ability to apply critical judgment and come up with effective decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proficiency for detailed documentation with ability to validate work
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ability to maximize use of formulas and functions to streamline reporting needs
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment and perform under pressure with a high motivation and able to meet stringent deadlines with strong sense of urgency and results and detail orientation
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute a body of work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional research and exception handling skills
- Possess an impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency and business acumen
- Experience with Simcorp Dimension, Investran and Eagleweb is a plus
- Candidate must be amenable to work on the night shift
- Amenable to work in McKinley Hill, Taguig City
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.