Operations Accountant (CPA - SEC/Reg Reporting)Job ID 46144BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website.
The Capital Markets Center of Excellence in the Controllers Division of Enterprise Finance is seeking a motivated Financial Accounting Consultant with in-depth knowledge of financial institution accounting and reporting.
About the role
The successful candidate will need to work well in a team and individually and have close attention to detail. He/she must have a strong accounting and analytical background. He/she must be able to fully understand the reporting requirements as described to them and provide accurate and complete results in a timely manner. He/she should possess some problem solving skills and have to ability to analytically critique their own results and the process as well as understand variances and identify potential issues.
- Includes the accounting for and monthly close/analysis process for debt and funding, investment security fixed income, or derivative related products
- Provide information for monthly and quarterly reporting (both Regulatory and SEC) for debt and funding issuances, investment security holdings, or derivate transactions
- Examine reporting and accounting processes for possible re-engineering to enhance efficiencies
- Prepare information for compliance with SOX
- Requires daily interaction with operations, finance, and controller’s personnel.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Candidate must have a BS/BA degree or higher in Accounting/Finance/Business (must be a Certified Public Accountant)
- Candidate must have at least 2 years of relevant Accounting experience with Debt and Funding, investment security fixed income or derivative products
- SEC and/or Regulatory Reporting experience
- Understanding of End to End Accounting Process Flows and associated control structure
- Experience in analyzing balance sheet accounts with related income statement accounts
- Ability to re-engineer accounting and reporting processes to gain efficiencies and to enhance controls
- Candidate must have Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: general ledger reconciliation
- Knowledge and understanding of general ledger systems
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Candidate must be amenable to work on a permanent NIGHT shift and be located here at McKinley Hill, Taguig City
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.