Senior Analytics ConsultantApply now Job ID 21777BR Location Manila, Philippines;
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Community Banking Risk Management (CBRM) is responsible for independently overseeing the regulatory and operational risk activities within Community Banking.. The incumbent will build a strong analytical foundation to consolidate information across interactions, customers, team members and products. This foundation will in turn provide key metrics and reporting to enhance accountability throughout Community Banking’s branch leadership structure.
- Identify and implement a data-driven, consistent process of surveillance and supervision for branch activities, with a particular emphasis on sales practices
- Collaborate with senior leaders to develop robust actionable metrics and reporting to monitor sales practice risk
- Leverage advanced data analytics and machine learning techniques to identify risk patterns and trends and provide insights on the effectiveness of Community Banks Supervision and Oversight programs and processes
- Leverage both structured and unstructured data and “Big Data” analytic tools and platforms to provide insight into risk trends
- Partner closely with leaders across Community Banking to identify and optimize the ongoing risk reporting necessary to support first line accountability for sales practices and other key risk issues
- Produce Second Line of Defense analytics and metrics to supplement the First Line of Defense field supervision and oversight
- Lead efforts in collaboration with First Line and Second Line of Defense groups to research, identify and implement workflow and real-time alerts capabilities
- Leverage data and analytics to inform and influence line of business strategic planning team in long term plan development around sales supervision
- Partner closely with other Community Bank Risk Management teams to support Branch Quality Reviews, Compliance Reviews and other activities providing data analytics as required
- Candidate must be a graduate of a B.A./B.S. College Degree (4 years) preferably in Applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Prior experience working with analytic capabilities.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior and executive leaders and simplify the complex
- Demonstrated SQL skills to include the ability to write complex queries and database knowledge in order to analyze data sources across a variety of sources
- Demonstrated expertise with SAS, Python or R
- Demonstrated SQL skills to include the ability to write complex queries and database knowledge in order to analyze data sources across a variety of sources including but not limited to BMG, EIW, Customer Interactions, MDSS, RAMP, Minding The Store, and STS
- Demonstrated experience with both supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
- Demonstrated experience with Big Data capabilities, especially Teradata Aster, Hadoop, and Spark
- Demonstrated data visualization expertise using a BI Tool e.g., Tableau, Microsoft BI, etc.
- Candidate must be willing to work on a late mid shift (5:30PM – 2:30AM) and be located at Taguig Area
Internal only: Interested team members must have at least 12 months tenure in current role and not under current Corrective Action. Team members should inform their manager prior application for career coaching and consultation on how the position you have applied fits in your career development plan