Senior Manager for Financial Reporting and AnalysisJob ID 53217BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo Philippines
Wells Fargo Philippines enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Operations, Risk and Compliance, Project Management, Finance & Accounting and Data Analytics. We operate in Taguig City, Metro Manila.
About the Role
Internally known as Financial Reporting & Analysis Manager 4, this is a key leader who will lead the Affiliate Funding team and also provide oversight for the accounting function of Capital Markets in Manilla for processes like Derivatives, Securitization, FX Accounting and Reporting, Private Equities Accounting, Balance and Controls, Preparation of Financial Statements, Accounting, Reconciliations, and Preparation of Financial statements Reporting etc. He/she will be a subject matter expert who will in turn be expected to lead a set of frontline managers, SMEs and specialists.
Should be conversant with activities of Front Office and Middle Office activities and also should be able to understand, asses the data flow between various systems and sub-systems used in a typical Capital Markets environment.
Familiarity with various financial instruments in Capital Markets.
Will manage medium to large operation with multiple units and/or multiple sites, taking a leadership role in the group, area or function.
Typically manages subordinate managers or professional teams.
Has accountability for units' financial and operational performance.
Develops and implements shorter-term strategies with low-to-moderate financial risk and that could impact functions or activities outside the group.
Will be responsible to deliver on all agreed SLAs and key metrics and will be the SPOC for the functional owner from the Accounting COE.
Will be responsible to drive automation and be able to identify other transformational ideas to improve process efficiency and effectiveness. He/she will also be responsible for managing, reporting, career path and R&R related activities for their DR's and also lead/engage and deliver towards organization level initiatives
Provide guidance and oversight of the Affiliate Funding activities, which includes but is not limited to daily cash operations activities such as mailbox monitoring, payment requests preparation and initiation via wire, ACH or FXOL, deal building on non-RRP related trades, journal entries to the general ledger as well as any RRP-related activities on report generation and creation, terms agreement creation, credit report reviews, etc.
Serve as point of escalation, liaise with US partners on key issues and conduct reviews as another layer of control on multiple tasks surrounding daily cash operations and RRP
Create opportunities and work with US partners for team member engagement in various projects, initiatives and task transition
Market Skills and Certifications
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant
- 13 years of professional experience in leading accounting operations including experience in one or a combination of the following: capital markets, finance, accounting, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- 5 years of operational experience in a GCC or a third party services organization and in managing F&A processes of at least 50+ FTE size, (preferably BFSI Finance processes and specifically in the Capital Markets space)
- Strong and effective interpersonal communication (written and oral), organizational, and customer service skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of contacts/relationships, including executive/senior-level managers.
- Preferable to have prior experience in F&A solution design / transitions (2-3 years)
- Should have mandatory exposure to US GAAP
- IFRS exposure would be an added plus
- Amenable to work on a mid-afternoon or night shift schedule
- Prior financial services specific to Capital Markets/industry experience
- Experience in moving an organization along operational maturity model curve
- Knowledge of accounting applications
- Prior exposure to accounting, reconciliation processes and correction mechanisms
- Experience with enterprise initiatives supporting regulatory mandates
- Demonstrated relationship management ability with a background in operations and technologies
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Excel – Usage of Pivot table, V lookup, tracing formulas, running macros and exposure to key accounting tools like Oracle Financials, Essbase etc., would be an added plus
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.