Operational Risk ConsultantApply now Job ID 31989BR Location Singapore, Singapore, Hong Kong SAR, Singapore;
Market Job Description
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital Risk Management (WFCC Risk Management) provides operational risk, compliance, financial crimes and business risk management services through an optimized model which leverages centralized functions and agile business focused teams to support sound risk management for the Asset Backed Finance, Capital Finance, Commercial Distribution Finance, Corporate Trust Services and Equipment Finance lines of business. The Risk Management team enables efficient and effective execution of Corporate, Wholesale and Line of Business programs, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with the overarching risk management priorities of Wells Fargo while meeting the unique needs of each business.
This position aligns to the Head of Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) Business Risk Manager and will provide operational risk support to CDF APAC. CDF provides inventory financing solutions, service and intelligence through in-depth industry expertise and a commitment to customers.
The Operational Risk Consultant will support APAC Operational Risk program including, but not limited to, day-to-day process and controls, issue and corrective action remediation, RCSA, third party risk, payments, losses, business continuity, key risk indicators, and other Strong Foundations programs. This role will consult with business process owners to assess current state processes and improvement of controls as well as partnering with the centralized WFCC Risk Operational Risk Program team to ensure consistency of execution and implementation.
Market Skills and Certifications
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Harmonize US Regulatory and Operational Risk Program requirement with local requirements and practice
- Ensure applicable Policies and Procedures are updated and communicated across CDF and coordinate the impact of those policies and procedures with the business and other stakeholders
- Facilitate 2nd Line Op Risk and Compliance with Front Line Business
- Develop applicable training material
- Familiarity of overall Corporate Policy Risk governance routines within the CDF business
- Build awareness, team coordination and communication across the CDF business about Corporate Policy Risk
- Knowledge and management of corrective action related to Corporate Policy Risk, including root cause analysis and development of sustainable solutions
- Support the business with engagement, responses, communications and meetings with internal and external examiners
- Partner with direct team on emerging issues and risk policies, including clear responsibilities and processes to address deficiencies and mitigate risk
- Build partnerships, collaborate and influence all levels of the enterprise, including business partners
- Travel - Up to 15% of the time
- Develop, plan and execute risk assessment routines, including LOB assessments, and other Corporate Risk Management Program assessment
- Prior experience in wholesale banking, commercial distribution finance, and/or commercial capital business activities
- Familiarity with Shared Risk Platform, SHRP.
- Proven experience with conducting risk and process assessments
- Experience with risk assessment methodology
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.