Application Systems Engineer 5 - Java SME
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, West Des Moines, Iowa, Shoreview, Minnesota, Chandler, Arizona, Phoenix, Arizona, Charlotte, North Carolina
Job ID: 5450757
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
About the Application Product Center of Excellence
The Application Produce Center of Excellence is accountable for governance of the lifecycle management of over 93% of all software products installed on Wells Fargo assets (servers, desktops, mainframe, network etc.). This position will report to the Application Product Lifecycle Management Manager. This team is accountable and responsible for identifying and managing the execution of activities in support of the lifecycle management standards and policies. This includes identification and validation of patches and configuration management changes, deployment planning of patches and/or removals of products when they are not compliant or at end of life.
This Application Support Engineer will work as part of the Product Solution Support Management group that will be responsible for patch identification and validation of all of the 3rd party products owned by the APCoE. This group consists of highly technical subject matter experts (application system engineers) that will also develop and document deployment approach and game plans for product patches and upgrades as well as provide technical product support to application or execution teams as appropriate.
This position is seeking a Sr. level individual contributor, Java expert that will influence and impact the standards and implementation of Oracle Java and related products. Product delivery experience having been key in the developing and supporting of 3rd party products. Java development experience a plus to help move our organization into a DevOps model for Java support, lifecycle and product roadmap. Document solutions and communicating with other team members and business partners on setting product standards and moving forward as defined. Java programming skills a plus.
- Java SME for APCoE
- Develop programs and strategies to improve our security compliance
- Research, define solutions, and provide remediation instructions for vulnerable products
- Provide technical support, troubleshoot, and document solutions during emergency vulnerabilities
- Maintain vulnerability solutions and remediation documentation
- Monitor various information sources to identify new cybersecurity threats and assess against our products and solutions.
- Work with Product Engineering teams to report, track and resolve security vulnerabilities
- Gather and evaluate cyber threat business intelligence requirements for the LOBs by having regular discussions with key line of business personnel (e.g. operational risk personnel, technology managers, information security leaders, etc.).
- Collaborate with various WF organizations on all manners of security and compliance related business matters
- Troubleshooting complex software application issues. Issues to be resolved require a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality, application product setup, database management, data analysis, standalone/embedded products, and third party (vendor supported) products.
- Meet regularly with support and development teams to gather feedback and requirements
Other Desired Qualifications
- Understanding of software product functionality on servers and desktops (such as Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe, Apache, IBM, etc.)
- Preferred experience with Puppet and HPSA automation scripting languages (such as PowerShell, Python, VB scripts, etc.)
- Strong excel skills, including VBA macro knowledge
- Experience working with reporting from vulnerability scanning tool experience such as Qualys, Nessus and Nexpose
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
MN-Shoreview: 1801 Parkview Dr - Shoreview, MN
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.