ETL Production Support EngineerJob ID 5555356
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America’s diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock’ banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company’s customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
Wells Fargo Technology’s Data Technology Platform Services Team is looking for a Systems Operations Engineer in a Production Support Lead role for hands-on operations management of multiple Enterprise scale Data Warehouse applications within the Enterprise Functions Technology Platform Services team. This position has the primary responsibility of providing production support by analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving production incidents, end-to-end batch management, data research, recommending code fixes as well as coordinating resolution with the ETL Development, Database, Infrastructure, and Business teams for each application supported by the team.
- Primary production support for ETL batch jobs running in traditional data warehousing, Hadoop Data Lake, and Near Real-time processing environments.
- Troubleshoot and analyze production problems related to data, network file delivery, and server and application issues independently and provide solutions to recovery. Drive and participate in root cause analysis and preventative actions to avoid recurring incidents.
- Identify and participate in the buildout of automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Collaborate with ETL development and support team members onsite and offshore, to resolve complex data design issues/provide optimal solutions that meet business requirements and benefits system performance.
- Identify and implement operational best practices and process improvements within the following functional areas: Incident Management, Problem management, Planned and unplanned Outage/Event Management, Technology Refresh, Operational Reporting, Tooling, and Application Support
- Develop and foster a positive relationship with team members, team leads and business partners.
- Encourage and participate in knowledge sharing as necessary.
- Develop and updates documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Be willing to work non-standard business hours on an on-call basis in a 24x7x365 environment
San Francisco and Dallas are the preferred locations but other Wells Fargo locations will be considered. This position is posted as an ETL Production Support Engineer, the Wells Fargo job title is a Systems Operations Engineer.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with unstructured datasets, such as log files, email, and text
- Experience with near real time data processing
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
CA-Fremont: 3440 Walnut Ave Bldg A - Fremont, CA
IA-Des Moines: 1 HOME CAMPUS - DES MOINES, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.