Operational Risk Consultant 4
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, Phoenix, Arizona, West Des Moines, Iowa, Charlotte, North Carolina
Job ID: 5461438
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Who We Are…
The Wells Fargo Technology Risk Management team is responsible for driving the execution and comprehensive view of risk across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) and the firm by instilling a risk management culture where businesses are accountable for understanding and managing their risk. Technology Risk Management is organized around shared and divisional responsibilities to provide first-line-of-defense risk management support to drive the execution of the Technology Risk Management Program.
About Enterprise Information Technology (EIT)
At Wells Fargo, technology is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our more than 75 million global customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) group provides strategic technology-based products, services, and governance for our enterprise business units. EIT helps customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of the channel. Altogether, EIT draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise, managing world-wide technology for more than 8,700 stores and 12,500 ATMs, making EIT a competitive advantage for Wells Fargo.
We are seeking an Operational Risk Consultant to join our team and assist in the execution of the technology risk and control framework. This position will engage with multiple risk and control stakeholders/lines of defense across technology and the enterprise to enable a strong risk management practices and capabilities.
The environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness and regulatory requirements. As the first line of defense, this role assures real risk reduction within the divisions, consistent with the Wells Fargo Vision & Values and risk appetite. This role will be responsible for the planning and execution of critical FLOD risk functions, in alignment with the Corporate Risk Model and EIT Risk Model. Accountabilities include:
- Develop, implement and support a Technology Risk Framework in alignment with Wells Fargo Risk Management Framework
- Document risk(s) within established and new line of business products/services and shared services IT processes/products/services
- Evaluate risks and prioritize risks and remediation work
Identify & Assess:
- Conduct and support risk assessments that evaluate the technology application/infrastructure environment and estimate the level and trends of inherent risk, determine the effectiveness of associated controls and the level and trends of residual risk
- Be proactive identifying risks within the divisions and across internal and external events
Control & Mitigate:
- Design and implement effective and proactive action plans that appropriately mitigate risks in a sustainable manner and define Key Risk Indicators to track impact
- Operate controls in an effective manner to mitigate risks and deliver IT value
- Execute the related compliance process (e.g. Audits, CICATs, SOX) and IT Policy Management & Exceptions
Monitor & Report:
- Monitor controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, detect operational risk issues
- Identify, measure, monitor, support and complete EIT risk management training, communication, and outreach programs
- Integrate continuous improvement with metrics and monitoring
- Support Virtuous Circle of risk management
Review and Verification:
- Assuring strategic and foundational risk attributes are comprehensively included in pre, during and post analysis
- Ongoing reviews to identify anomalies, exceptions and outliers that could lead to additional risk events
- Verifying risk management standards, requirements and documented risk reduction attributes are applied
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong risk & control fundamentals, knowledge of frameworks and methodologies, common implementation challenges.
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures & controls.
- Experience in review & development of risk & control ratings.
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management.
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines.
- Strong database and data modelling fundamentals on Oracle, SQL Server and Hadoop technologies with implementation
- Demonstrate knowledge of Data Processing ETL, Metadata Management and Data Quality Control tools and technologies
- Strong knowledge of Analytics and Reporting tools and technologies such as Tableau, Business Objects, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) and Microsoft PowerBI.
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 3501 W Bell Road - Phoenix, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 3430 University Ave Se - Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 666 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.