Operational Risk Consultant 5
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, Chandler, Arizona, West Des Moines, Iowa, Charlotte, North Carolina
Job ID: 5461164
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This role will be responsible for providing senior technical leadership and strategic technical direction for Enterprise CIO initiatives and will collaborate with business leaders to develop a data platform strategy that aligns with the enterprise architecture framework. The role will be responsible for the development, communication and ongoing governance of architecture blueprints, roadmaps, principles, standards and reference architectures to promote consistent solutions and portfolio rationalization. The candidate will be responsible for managing key relationships in order to ensure ongoing delivery of enterprise capabilities. The candidate should also be experienced in
Defining and delivering against data governance policies and procedures.
As a team member, this position will be responsible for:
• Define and execute the Technology Risk Management Data & Analytics IT Strategy
• Strong partnership and collaboration with EIT Governance, Market Data Services, Enterprise Content Management, and Customer Relationship Management to ensure the balance between business functionality needs and the architecture and engineering health of the platform. Work with business partners to develop and/or evaluate business cases and align the architecture solution to meet stated business requirements
• Provide strategic direction and oversee the integration of emerging Big Data platforms and tools for advanced analytics including machine learning/data science
• Educate and influence senior IT and business leadership including strategic partnerships that span all lines of business and in the data management domain, articulating conceptual ideas and their impact to a widely divergent audience using excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
• Define architecture strategies and approaches to advance Enterprise Technology and Segment data initiatives
• Identify opportunities for common solutions across the enterprise, which span transactional, operational and analytical platforms, collaborating within the architecture and development communities.
• Provide data management insight, guidance and anticipating the impact on architectures and systems
• Collaborate with business executives and senior architects to identify data and process issues, then provides solution options and recommends options.
• Provide recommendations on system options, risks, impact on cross-domain systems, business strategy, goals and processes.
• Developing practices, processes, templates, and reporting to provide risk management reviews and participation in critical enterprise programs or projects with significant technology risks as an enabler.
• Analyzing program/project requirements against the proposed solutions to determine technology risk levels, control weaknesses and to evaluate the risk of solutions not meeting requirements resulting in a value add proposal to management in a concise and comprehensive presentation
• Reviewing mitigation/remediation plans and providing advice on mitigation effectiveness and alternative mitigation approaches as well as assisting, coaching, counseling and mentoring stakeholders
• Performing review of the work products produced by the program/project according to risk program requirements and deadlines
• Attending steering and working committees to ensure appropriate technology risk management coverage
• ID, Recording and Resolving all issues through satisfaction including warranted and limited escalation
• Producing management reporting and focused information to all stakeholders as applicable
• Assuring a comprehensive documented RACI model and adherence to model at all times
• Integrating requirements from the broader program/project into existing technology risk management processes (e.g. risk assessments)
• Effectively collaborating with business partners in the first-line-of-defense (FLOD), Independent Risk Management (IRM), Audit, and EIT in the establishment of new risk management processes for the specific program/project
• Working with stakeholders to ensure each has the tools, processes and expertise to effectively manage technology risks
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the line of business, corporate regulatory and operational risk and compliance peers
• Ensuring that critical programs and projects remain aligned to the technology risk management strategy and functional framework
Other Desired Qualifications
• 10+ years of strong application, data, and technical skills
• Broad and significant knowledge of technology with emphasis on development operations, SDLC, problem and incident management, configuration management, application infrastructure services (e.g. middleware), platform management, information security architecture, identity and access management, enterprise architecture, cloud, third party hosted solutions, application risk assessments, information management, enterprise data, CRM services, and books and records.
• 5+ years of wholesale or WIM experience with a large financial services organization or service provider to same
• 7+ years of leadership experience, including demonstrated interaction with EIT and Wholesale or WIM business and technology level leaders
• Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a team of managers, strong technical experts and high performing professionals in geographically disbursed environments
• 5+ years project management experience with large scale technology projects including: business requirements, risk analysis, project planning, resource planning, risk/issue management, testing and implementation
• Experience with assessing the adequacy of policies, procedures, processes, and compliance and operational controls in a significantly large and complex organization.
• Prior experience with tracking, monitoring and implementing corrective actions or information security exceptions for Compliance/Operational Risk
• Knowledge and experience with technology-related regulatory requirements and frameworks including FFIEC,COBIT, COSO, NIST, ITIL
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.