Senior Data Architect, Big Data (Systems Architect 6)Apply now Job ID 5330029 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota, Chandler, Arizona, Charlotte, North Carolina;
Wholesale banking business has significantly invested in wholesale data management program over past few years. Wholesale data services program provide Wholesale Lines of Business with secure, consistent, and reconciled quality data to drive business priorities and to quickly respond to risk, regulatory, and management needs in a rapidly changing business environment. The data ecosystem is made up of various technologies and capabilities that complement and integrate with each other. The key functional capabilities include master data management, authorized provisioning point/data hub, data quality and analytics.
This very senior architect role is a key position within wholesale data services architecture team and responsible for setting up architectural direction for Wholesale Data Management program.
The responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Work with the LOB business leader, application managers, Enterprise Data Analytics, Information Security and LOB Architects to develop and maintain current and future state architecture as it relates to the Wholesale data architecture.
- Serve as the highest-level technical consultant to internal clients and technical management to ensure conformity with Enterprise Data Architecture
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Initiate and deliver architectural programs that align IT with business strategy.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies as it relates to data management and use.
- Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations especially in Big Data space.
Acts in a strategic role in the development and maintenance of architectures for a line of business or inftrastructure sub-domain that are in compliance with the Enterprise Architecture. Responsible for working on medium to high architectual impact projects, recommending exceptions to the Enterprise Architecture for high level projects, reviewing and approving medium architectural impact designs, communicating the Enterprise Architecture strategy and direction to both management and systems related teams within their line of business or infrastructure subdomain (organizational unit) and directing implementation of the architecture for their organizational unit. Serves as the highest-level technical consultant to internal clients and technical management to ensure conformity with Enterprise Architecture, having expertise across a broad portion of the organizational unit's architecture, or in-depth expertise within a more specific portion of the architecture.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of data strategy experience
- 5+ years of data management tools experience (Data Quality, Metadata management, Data Lineage)
- 3+ years of Big Data experience
- 5+ years of J2EE/Java experience
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.