Software Engineer - JAVA Developer
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, Charlotte, North Carolina, Glen Allen, Virginia, St Louis, Missouri
Job ID: 5572591
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
How we help our customers succeed, help our communities thrive, and live our vision and values
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
Wells Fargo Wealth Investment Management Technology (WIMT’s) mission is to deliver secure, reliable, and scalable technology solutions to our Wealth & Investment Management partners and clients through innovative designs, anchored to enterprise shared services and standards. WIM is one of the nation's leading provider of investment services, administering client assets, including deposits and loans. To support this business line, WIMT manages more than several hundred applications across team members based in the U.S and India.
Being a WIMT team member means growth and opportunity. Team members are challenged to implement IT strategy; enhance the design, development, and operations of our systems; drive and leverage an optimized Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; prioritize risk and regulatory compliance, provide information security; to enable the smooth servicing of Wells Fargo Wealth Investment Management customers.
The position is for a Java Developer - Software Engineer to provide application leadership and support to internal applications and integration support to vendor-built applications. The role requires technical knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and demonstrated skills in JAVA and Angular.
• Secure Application Development
• Design, develop and maintain solutions to support key business needs
• Build and maintain high-quality, high-performance, scalable software
• Mentor and provide technical leadership to teammates
• Engineer Web Pages, Core Components and Common Services in alignment with development models, languages, and standards
• Produce Design Documents
• Collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Document and demonstrate solutions by writing documentation, diagrams, and code comments
• Debug and document existing systems through code analysis
• Contribute to Application management activities such as Business continuity, SDLC activities, technical refresh support, critical surveys, analysis, platform releases, patching, vulnerabilities, and system management support for Technology mandates
• Ability to work effectively in an Agile Scrum or Kanban environment
Other Desired Qualifications
• Non-relational database experience
• Experience working with multiple LOB and software development teams
• Experience with Angular 8+ or Angular Js
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Experience with Automations and Unit Testing (Jasmine/Karma, Selenium, JUNIT)
• Experience with Container Orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, CDN technologies)
• Experience with IDE tools (VS Code, Eclipse)
• Experience with Cloud technologies
• Experience with User Interface functional design (ADA principles)
• Experience working in a large enterprise environment
• Operational knowledge and understanding of financial services product terminology
• Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis
• Experience working with offshore team members
• Strong presentation skills and experience in presenting to senior management
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
VA-Glen Allen: 4340 Innslake Dr - Glen Allen, VA
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.