Systems Support Analyst 3
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, West Des Moines, Iowa, Chandler, Arizona, Charlotte, North Carolina, St Louis, Missouri, Dallas, Texas, Raleigh, North Carolina
Job ID: 5516164
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
How we help our customers succeed, help our communities thrive, and live our vision and values
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This position is with a group called Secured Environments that maintains servers where access to the servers is restricted and information on the servers needs to be protected via network firewals. The team performs all maintenance including patching and firmware. Also will be the first to complete compliance remediation work to servers. Large part of the environment includes Web server software the team also supports.
Acts in the technical role as an individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex technical support and operating systems or subsystems initiatives. Leads, conducts, and coordinates the analysis, planning, and implementation of systems software and/or hardware. Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, debugs, maintains, modifies, and documents operating systems. Plans and defines systems software and/or hardware requirements and determines system specifications and/or customizations. Directs the design of subsystems and integration of total systems. Identifies and resolves the most complex problems. Provides leadership, direction and/or guidance to less experienced staff. This individual will also be part of the 12x7 on-call/pager support for the existing UNIX systems. Candidate must possess solid problem solving, analytical, technical, written and oral communication
- Administration of the UNIX and Linux environments including validating environmental health and providing day-to-day support is a key area of responsibility.
- This individual will perform day to day operations, projects, planning and execution activities on Red-Hat and Sun Solaris Systems.
- The Wells Fargo Securities business is very dynamic with many un-anticipated changes. Deriving solutions in close partnership with the line of business and being ‘quick-on-one’s-feet’ is a needed trait for this position.
- Versatility is key measure to the success of this position. Candidates that demonstrate versatility between flavors of UNIX/Linux mentioned as well as in the areas of Veritas Storage Foundation with HA, Storage Management, Performance Management, Database management will succeed in this position.
- Patching and updating firmware of the UNIX and Linux environments and validating environmental health afterwards as well as including communication before and after with the application teams whose servers are being worked on.
- This individual will participate in a 24x7 on-call/pager support rotation with other team members.
The Secure Environments is very dynamic with many un-anticipated changes. Deriving solutions in close partnership with the line of business and being ‘quick-on-one’s-feet’ is a needed trait for this position.
Versatility is key measure to the success of this position. Candidates that demonstrate versatility between flavors of UNIX/Linux mentioned as well as in the areas of Veritas Storage Foundation with HA, Storage Management, Performance Management, Database management will succeed in this position.
Patching and updating firmware of the UNIX and Linux environments and validating environmental health afterwards as well as including communication before and after with the application teams whose servers are being worked on.
This individual will participate in a 24x7 on-call/pager support rotation with other team members.
- On-call pager rotation every 4-6 weeks require 24x7 availability
****This will be a night shift position. hours are 1:30 PM EST to 10:30 PM EST *****
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years years of experience administering, monitoring and managing Solaris (10/11) and Red-Hat (6/7) environments.
- 3+ years of experience patching and updating firmware in Solaris (9/10/11) and Red-Hat (5/6/7) environments.
- 3+ years of patch management experience
- Perl, Python , Puppet and ansible
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.