Tax Accountant 3 - State Corporate Income TaxApply now Job ID 5280538 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota;
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You have a proven track record of success but you’re looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you’ll find that opportunity. You’ll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
The Controller’s Division is responsible for the Company’s financial statements, establishing corporate accounting policies, preparing SEC and regulatory reports and ensuring the adequacy of internal controls. The Division also manages and supports the Company’s General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets systems.
Corporate Tax executes and directs, on a worldwide basis, compliance with all applicable income tax laws, including the filing of returns and the payment of taxes. While taking into account the best overall interest of Wells Fargo, Corporate Tax evaluates transactions and alternative forms of business organization with the objective of maximizing the Company’s after tax income
Corporate Tax is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong communication skills to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) Team. This position in our Minneapolis office reports to the State Tax Audit Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engagement in all stages of the state tax audit process from the initial request to audit completion, including responses to information document requests, interactions with state tax auditors, information gathering, data analysis, and any related tax research.
- Evaluation and verification of all schedules, reports, and narratives provided by state tax auditors.
- Participation in the post-audit activities, including administrative appeals and litigation support.
- Evaluation and communication of the impact of state tax audits on financial reporting and tax compliance.
- Development of in-depth tax expertise in specifically assigned states, including active monitoring of legislative and regulatory developments.
- Assistance in modeling state tax impacts of business transactions, organizational changes, and state legislative or regulatory developments.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in a medium or large multistate corporate income tax environment (industry, public, or government).
- MBT, JD or CPA preferred
- Experience with tax research fundamentals.
- Financial services industry tax experience.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.