Corporate Income Tax Senior AccountantJob ID 5524905
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
Wells Fargo Corporate Tax is currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant 5 to handle the following:
- Prepare the on-going deferred income tax forecasts which supports internal financial projections and regulatory reporting requirements, including stress-testing and resolution/recovery planning.
- Preparation and analysis of data that supports reporting of deferred income tax.
- Preparation activities for the monthly deferred income tax analysis required for regulatory reporting.
- Support the tax provision process by assisting in the monthly analysis of deferred income tax balances and related compilation of data for deferred tax journal entries.
- Interact with other functional groups within the tax department and with the business units to collect and process accounting and income tax information.
- Interact with business units regarding the output of the deferred tax reporting and forecast results.
- Please note that this position must be based out of the posted locations. Remote applicants will not be considered. Additionally, must be able to work extended hours during tax work peaks, including some nights and weekends.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Large corporate income tax return experience
- 5+ years of experience with ASC 740, Accounting for Income Tax
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.