Trading Operations Specialist 2Apply now Job ID 5371581 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota;
The Cash Management & Funding team (CMF) sits within WFS Settlement Operations and directly supports the Funding and Capital Liquidity (FCL) front office located in Charlotte. FCL is responsible for managing the liquidity and funding requirements of the broker dealer (Wells Fargo Securities, WFS) and businesses operating under its umbrella. CMF’s primary responsibilities include:
- Executing client and inter-company cash transfers and bookkeeping entries.
- Partnering with FCL and other internal business partners to onboard new business as needed.
- The cash management specialist will be responsible for daily cash and collateral management in support of FCL including:
- Funding internal and external bank accounts across multiple currencies and Agent banks.
- Processing customer and firm Fedwire and SWIFT wire transfers and check disbursements.
- Researching and reconciling daily position and cash breaks.
- Liaising with various OPS support groups and trading desks (Sales desk, Middle Office, Repo desk, etc) to escalate and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Participating in individual and group projects to drive process improvement and support Corporate business initiatives.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven experience acting as a team lead – provide leadership, coaching and business information while ensuring team deliverables are met
- 1-3 years’ experience in an operations environment for a large Bank Holding Company or Broker Dealer.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to drive process improvements.
- FINRA Series 7 or 99 certified or the ability to obtain within 90 days
- Solid Understanding of Money Market Products.
- Solid understanding of SWIFT and Fedwire payment formats and best practices for initiating funds transfers.
- Previous experience working in a Broker Dealer environment and knowledge of the securities industry.
- Previous experience in a collateral management or Triparty allocation environment.
- Experience with various fixed income platforms including Broadridge (Impact & BPSA) and ARTS.
- Previous experience with Bank of New York clearance and Triparty systems such as Access Edge and GSCX.
- Ability to multitask while demonstrating strong attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly assess the urgency around a problem or situation and escalate if needed.
- Broadridge (Impact & BPSA) and ARTS.
- Previous experience processing wire and check disbursements in a financial services environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.