Analytic Consultant 3
Location: New York, New York
Job ID: 5524251
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
How we help our customers succeed, help our communities thrive, and live our vision and values
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Wells Fargo Technology Control team is responsible for driving the execution and comprehensive view of risk across Wells Fargo Technology (WFT) and the firm by instilling a risk management culture where businesses are accountable for understanding and managing their risk. Technology Control is organized around shared and divisional responsibilities to provide first-line-of-defense risk management support to drive the execution of the Technology Control Program.
As an Analytics Consultant within Technology Control Modeling and Analytics, you will use data and analytics to build products and derive insights for our stakeholders within Technology Control. An ideal candidate will have experience with data manipulation, transformation, and aggregation in addition to skills in statistical modeling, data engineering, or data science, and will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Drive current and future strategy by leveraging analytical skills; mine vast amounts of data in new and evolving environments to arrive at specific and crucial information for the organization
- Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities for internal groups
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
- Act as key data lead to leverage versatile technical capabilities to drive the development, evolution, and implementation of data products, which enable self-service by data consumers
- Build and execute tools or processes to monitor data quality
- Evaluate data management, data quality, and data access processes for gaps, inefficiencies, and opportunities; provide recommendations for improvement
- Implement solutions and processes for management and governance across data quality metrics, metadata, lineage, data access rights, and business definitions
- Demonstrate experience leading projects to deliver complex data solutions
- Reliably work independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
- Act as a strong project manager who is able to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment while managing multiple/concurrent projects
- Utilize strong written and verbal communications skills, with excellent presentation skills
- Work with top talent in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where analytics and good data are a top priority
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of Python, R, SQL, or the Hadoop ecosystem as an alternative to SAS
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.