Equity Research Associate Analyst - Beverage & C-Stores sectorsApply now Job ID 5372865 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location New York, New York;
Wells Fargo Securities
Research & Economics
Equity Research Associate Analyst
In this Senior Associate position you will partner with a Senior Analyst covering the Consumer Staples sectors with primary Associate coverage of the Beverage sector. Specific responsibilities include creating, updating, and maintaining financial models, writing company and industry reports, conducting fundamental research and communicating with clients, internal sales people and senior management. Exposure to institutional investors and covered company/industry corporate executives is an integral part of the position.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of equity research and/or investment banking experience and be proficient in creating and maintaining financial models.
- Knowledge of the beverage and/or consumer staples industries a plus.
- Superior financial accounting and financial statement analysis skills, excellent financial modeling skills, a strong work ethic and the ability to work autonomously and in a team environment are preferred as are strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Proactive, team oriented, attentive to detail and possess creative problem solving skills. Ideally we are looking for someone who is passionate about the research/investment process.
- Series 7, 63, 86 & 87
- Experience using Factset, CapIQ and Bloomberg, and other data aggregation programs a plus.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.