Valuation Specialist 1 - Staff AppraiserJob ID 5541876
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) is an industry leader in valuations and resides in Wells Fargo’s Corporate Credit department in Corporate Risk. REVS provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices across the institution. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This Wells Fargo position serves the appraisal department as a State Certified Appraiser with the ability to appraise all types of Residential property (1-4 units) at any transaction amount, competently perform all types of SFR, land and 2-4 unit appraisals which include full inspection, drive-by, desktop, and high end appraisal reviews all within local and remote geographic locations. Competently know and understand how to use Wells Fargo MVT tool. This position reports to the Residential Appraisal Area Manager.
• Independently balances a mix of appraisal and review backlogs, determines scope of report needs, and performs appraisals while meeting quality, service and production expectations.
• Appraises single-family residences, condominiums, construction to perm, acreage, 2-4 unit and vacant land regardless of transaction amount.
• Completes exterior and interior inspections, full and desktop appraisals, and appraisal reviews - regardless of transaction amount.
• Understands and adheres to USPAP, Wells Fargo appraisal standards and regulatory guidelines.
• Develops meaningful, supported, and accurate value opinions on all appraisals assignments.
• Proficient in analyzing data using computer technology.
• Analyzes and evaluates market trends and provides meaningful conclusions.
• Solves complex appraisal problems using recognized appraisal methodology.
• Maintains knowledge of technology to enhance field efficiency
This position would be 100% remote and overseeing the Redwood City Metropolitan/San Matio County/San Francisco County Area. Individual must be a Certified in the State of California
Other Desired Qualifications
• Expert knowledge and experience performing High End SFR valuations and knowledge of local real estate market – (Redwood City, CA and surrounding areas)
• Experience with Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
• Experience in leveraging automated valuation tools
• Thorough working knowledge of computer technology, appraisal software, mapping software and County Record systems
• FHA approved appraiser
• Competency using Wells Fargo EVC/MVT tool
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.