Business Process Consultant 2 - Treasury & Portfolio AnalyticsApply now Job ID 5320517 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location San Francisco, California, Charlotte, North Carolina;
The Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio (“IP”) comprises public and private investments for Principal Investments (“PI”) and public investments for Treasury Investments (“TI”). With dual reporting to Wholesale (PI) and Treasury (TI), IP manages the portfolio of AFS and HTM investments.
Principal Investments, a division of Wholesale Banking, is responsible for the evaluation of credit-driven investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of corporate bonds, notes, loans, Municipal bonds, CLOs and other asset backed securities. With a view towards long term holds, PI focuses on relative risk/reward by purchasing (and selling) at prices that enhance shareholder value and improve Wells Fargo’s risk adjusted return on capital. As an extension of Wholesale’s lending platform, PI applies the same depth of credit due diligence that other Wholesale lending divisions have historically applied to loan products. Accordingly, each investment is underwritten from the bottom up with thorough credit, structural, and legal analysis then monitored continuously until final repayment of principal
Treasury Investments (TI), a division of Corporate Finance, is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of fixed income investments to achieve liquidity, interest rate risk management, and capital management objectives on behalf of Corporate ALCO. TI invests in high quality, highly liquid and readily marketable securities that are primarily U.S. Treasury and government agency securities. Other investment asset classes include corporate bonds, municipal bonds, asset-backed and commercial mortgage-backed securities. With a view towards longer term investing, TI’s asset appetite is discretionary at the direction of ALCO to deploy a portion of the Company’s excess deposits in a safe and sound manner. TI relies on Principal Investments (PI) to analyze and monitor most credit sensitive individual investments
The IP COO Group coordinates and delivers infrastructure support across the portfolio including: program and initiative management for all asset classes and business groups, risk/regulatory/governance program implementation, end to end data program as well as staff support activities. The COO group works closely several Enterprise and Wholesale partners to drive change including: Information Technology, Securities Operations, Corporate Finance & Accounting, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Compliance, Enterprise Risk, Human Resources, Legal, Corporate Communications and Wells Fargo Securities.
- Reporting to the IP Business Process Group Manager, this position will manage business process improvements and technology change execution for the IP Treasury and Portfolio Analytics group.
- Internal IP coordinator that will work closely with Product Owners for in other groups that administer SimCorp, CARD, QRM, and LARS.
- Provide business analysis and change execution for IP Treasury Portfolio Analytics programs including CCAR, Annual & Mid Cycle Stress Testing, Recovery & Resolution Planning, Quarterly OTTI analysis, Portfolio earning simulations, Quarterly balance and income projections, Liquidity analysis, Governance & Oversight (G&O) framework, BCBS 239, Risk Appetite Statement/Metrics, applicable Model and non-Model QTM program, and applicable Risk and Regulatory reporting (e.g. to ALCO)
- Support the re-engineering of Investment Portfolio tools and business processes improving the data integrity, scalability and reporting mechanisms. Support IP’s engagement with enterprise efforts including the Risk and Regulatory Data Program (e.g. eOne)
- Establishes standards for measuring performance against process requirements.
- Develops metrics that provide data for process management indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Performs or oversees complex analysis and applies analysis results to initiatives that support recommendations for optimal approaches; including proposed technology, staff and structure changes and cost estimates.
- Possesses expert-level technical and critical thinking skills and the ability to partner with and lead others.
- Responsible for delivering strategic analysis, insights and decision strategies for a functional area with impact across business lines or with enterprise-wide impact.
- Works with Portfolio Analytic Group (PAG) Managers and Consultants, EIT partners, Securities Operations and Accounting (SOA), Corporate Treasury, ALM , Corporate Finance and Risk Partners to help define the business strategy and create/execute corresponding business plans and initiatives.
- Possesses broad-based technical and business knowledge to anticipate emerging issues and recommend subsequent strategies and business direction.
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
- Drives business awareness of quality/process methodology.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a capital markets role. 7+ years business analysis or business engineering.
- Familiarity with key Investment Portfolio applications, data repositories and market sources (e.g. SimCorp, Matrics, MuniMatrics, Clockwork, CREWS, HALO, Bloomberg, Blackrock, LoanIQ, Calypso, CARD, LARS, SYREIN, REHL, et al)
- Familiarity with asset classes: MBS, CDO, CLO, CMBS, ABS, Corporate Bonds, Municipal Bonds, US Treasuries, Mutual Funds, Common and Preferred Stock
- Strong understanding of macroeconomic variables: interest rates, unemployment rates, GDP, credit spreads, etc
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and forecasting concepts
- Understanding of the regulatory bodies and banks’ relationship to these regulatory bodies: OCC, Federal Reserve, FDIC
- Understanding of quantitative methods
- Understanding of different types of risk: Credit, Market, Liquidity, Investment, Model, Regulatory, etc.
- Experience with full trade lifecycle
- Understanding underwriting concepts
- Ability to look at all aspects of the business and how its run through an audit and risk lens
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with business process mapping
- Strong technical writing skills
- Influencing executive decision making and successfully negotiating critical issues resolution.
- Building and maintaining a team member environment that promotes engagement, continuous learning, and development.
- Demonstrate Inclusive Leadership behaviors:
- Ensures everyone gets heard
- Provide actionable feedback
- Shares credit for team success
- Makes it safe to risk proposing novel ideas
- Empowers decision making by team members
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative partnerships across business unit, creating strategic alliances among diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated learning aptitude in complex portfolio analytic involving
- Established knowledge of the evolving regulatory environment and the various constraints on the portfolio.
- Experience with successfully managing both people and process aspects of organizational change and transitions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and other office suite applications including Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with SQL database structures and queries, a plus
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.