Digital Manager 2 - Customer InsightsApply now Job ID 5463124 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location San Francisco, California, Charlotte, North Carolina;
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
This Research Manager will report to the Head of Digital Experience Design and lead a team of Researchers. The ideal candidate will be human-centric, innovative, insightful, strategic, consultative, facilitative, results-driven and a team-oriented professional. Will be change agent and key leader in adapting research processes, methodologies, deliverables to new agile environment. Responsibilities will also include growing the research practice, driving strategic direction, leading socialization of Design Thinking Tools such as the personas.
Responsibilities will include:
• Manage and coach a team of junior and senior researchers (full time, internal contracts and external vendor)
• Maintain the high standards of current Research practice and pilot opportunities to support new agile environment at Value Stream and Scrum level
• Partner with DXD peers, leadership and managers of other research teams to share knowledge and promote design thinking best practices.
• Define/refine process and best practices for research methodologies in agile environment
• Ensure most efficient and effective methodologies are employed
• Work with Risk and Compliance teams to maintain protocol to protect customer feedback and collection methods
• Safeguard integrity of research process, materials, findings and deliverables
• Ensure research process and methodologies are current, efficient and effective
• Identify and lead research and discovery initiatives to influence experience strategies outside of specific project work
• Maintain valuable partnerships with other research and strategy groups, product owners and portfolio leads across the enterprise
• Translate customer insights and behavioral data into actionable insights for project teams and leadership.
• Leading and coordinating large research and design programs, projects and project teams
• Plan and facilitate events, workshops and working sessions that deepen empathy and promote customer-centric thinking
• Supporting non-researchers with easy-to-use research methods for every day application
• Enhancing, refreshing, and promoting the use of Retail Consumer personas
• Create/Identify opportunities to share actionable insights and inform strategies and/or drive change and inform senior leader decision making
• Overseeing a physical research labs located in Charlotte, NC and San Francisco, CA
• Evolving a strategic enterprise-focused business vision
• Effectively managing and developing a high-performing professional team
• Collaborating with enterprise business leaders and technology managers
• Identifying, articulating and evangelizing emerging strategic opportunities
• Staying informed of fraud, authentication trends and industry solutions.
• Being an innovator and thought-leader
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
• Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
• Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Location: San Francisco, CA or Charlotte NC.
Other Desired Qualifications
• 8+ years of leading customer research
• Experience organizing and leading large-scale initiatives within a matrixed organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience presenting complex ideas in simple ways
• Ability to manage and successfully execute several major initiatives simultaneously and prioritize effectively, in an environment which has a continual sense of urgency
• Proven ability to develop strong partnerships and to lead and influence across functional groups
• Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
• Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
• Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
• Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
• Ability to manage in a matrixed organization environment
• High comfort level with ambiguity
• Previous experience in research methodologies in an agile environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.