Strategy Consultant 5 - Merchant Services Strategy Engagement ManagerJob ID 5573372
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it’s buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending; Auto; Cards, Retail and Merchant Services; Personal Lending; Consumer Lending Control; and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices, as well as online and digital channels.
Lead re-imagination of the Merchant Services business. Lead strategy work supporting building target market segments and client selection criteria; developing WFMS value proposition required merchant experience, product roadmap and client servicing model; determining required technology stack to support the operating model.
On an ongoing basis, lead strategy engagements for the merchant services business. This individual will be expected to act in a leadership role in close partnership with stakeholders including WFMS leaders, Finance, Analytics, Marketing, Digital channels and Risk to drive strategy projects and strategic planning routines. Responsibilities will include; facilitating the identification of line-of-business objectives, coordinating business strategic planning activities, and identifying and analyzing new business opportunities and initiatives
- Lead strategy engagements to determine to identify new growth segments and opportunities to commercialize new features. Partner with Merchant Services business leaders to structure analysis for complex business challenges, collect relevant data and information and build solutions, and ensure solutions are adopted
- Support strategic investment planning process. Work across functional and business line leaders to create narrative and support obtain resources, influence outcomes and address conflict to ensure alignment and delivery of critical objectives.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years’ directly recent and relevant experience in a strategic planning, management and/or consulting capacity that demonstrates a successful progression of roles with increasing responsibility.
- 4+ years of Merchant Acquiring experience; 2+ years leading consulting engagments
- Possess a broad financial services background including being highly effective while working in highly matrixed, consensus driven and decentralized business environment.
- Experience with formulating and executing strategic recommendations which requires translating complex business and technical concepts so that they are clearly understood in support of sound business decisions.
- Previous experience in management consulting, internal corporate or business strategy or payment technology.
- Prior background in preparing business assessments within management consulting.
- Reputation for being a highly responsive leader who thrives on achieving results in a large, complex, diverse organization; who respects the culture, is flexible and adaptable. Documented history of providing value to a senior management team.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present, discuss information in a way that persuades others, and enhances understanding at all levels.
- Skilled at developing and delivering professional presentations for senior management.
- Capable of (and experience with) leveraging resources across the organization to create an effective working team, and work plan to accomplish goals.
- Strong analytic capabilities with proven track record for creating clear, concise business insights to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in complex horizontal program/project management.
- Existing or has ability to form strong partnership and collaboration across the businesses leadership team and functions.
- Prior background in preparing business assessments within management consulting preferred.ua
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.