Strategy Consultant 3 - Merchant Services Strategy AssociateJob ID 5572775
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it’s buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending; Auto; Cards, Retail and Merchant Services; Personal Lending; Consumer Lending Control; and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices, as well as online and digital channels.
This Strategy Consultant 3 will be responsible for advancing strategic thought leadership and leading strategic planning activities for the Merchant Services business. This individual will be expected to act in a leadership role in close partnership with stakeholders including MS leaders to drive strategy projects, senior leader presentations and strategic planning routines. Other responsibilities will include; facilitating the identification of line-of-business objectives, coordinating business strategic planning activities, and identifying and analyzing business opportunities/initiatives. Also, this team member will be responsible for facilitating strategic conversations across CRMS and the Wells Fargo enterprise specific responsibility and accountability for creating and communicating the Merchant Services strategic narrative. This will include the creation and presentation of strategic communications within the business, as well as at the highest levels of the enterprise. This team member will serve as an information resource to executive and senior level management.
The successful candidate will need to have a strong understanding of the business, develop a detailed knowledge and stay abreast of all major business initiatives, and be able to expertly communicate across the business and enterprise at all levels of management both verbally, in writing and fully developed executive presentations. In addition, must be able to provide oversight and guidance to his/her senior management partners to ensure business alignment with the overall strategic plans.
Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and operational/functional areas, provide insight into the economic and industry climate and related market developments and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the businesses strategic execution/direction.
· Working with functional partners and business management to identify, formulate and implement appropriate, efficient and effective processes and procedures that will result in business, operational and customer excellence.
· Supporting the Merchant Services leadership team on miscellaneous strategic and operational project/ program efforts.
· Develop competitive intelligence products to support strategy processes and leader requests
· Provide strategic thought leadership during the defining and assessment stages of programs, services or initiatives.
Other Desired Qualifications
· 5+ years’ directly recent and relevant experience in a strategic planning, management and/or consulting capacity that demonstrates a successful progression of roles with increasing responsibility.
· 2+ years of Merchant Acquiring experience
· Possess a broad financial services background including being highly effective while working in highly matrixed, consensus driven and decentralized business environment.
· Experience with formulating and executing strategic recommendations which requires translating complex business and technical concepts so that they are clearly understood in support of sound business decisions.
· Previous experience in management consulting, internal corporate or business strategy or payment technology.
· Prior background in preparing business assessments within management consulting.
· Reputation for being a highly responsive leader who thrives on achieving results in a large, complex, diverse organization; who respects the culture, is flexible and adaptable. Documented history of providing value to a senior management team.
· Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present, discuss information in a way that persuades others, and enhances understanding at all levels.
· Skilled at developing and delivering professional presentations for senior management.
· Capable of (and experience with) leveraging resources across the organization to create an effective working team, and work plan to accomplish goals.
· Strong analytic capabilities with proven track record for creating clear, concise business insights to senior management.
· Demonstrated experience in complex horizontal program/project management.
· Existing or has ability to form strong partnership and collaboration across the businesses leadership team and functions.
· Prior background in preparing business assessments within management consulting preferred.
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
DE-Wilmington: 2200 Concord Pike - Wilmington, DE
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.