Client Consultant, Global Payment ServicesJob ID 61863BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Responsible for managing and developing payment business activities in Japan and South Korea markets. Partners with relationship managers to consult on complex specific payment solutions, coordinates Request-For-Proposal response and proposal generation, and provides production support on product issues, calls on financial institutional clients to address their business and product needs. Works with Country and Relationship Managers (RM) to develop country specific product plans consisting of customer business activity and planning linked to payment strategies. Works under the direction of Global Payment Services (GPS) Regional Management Manager.
Payments and Liquidity Management
- Working within corporate governance guidelines, provide consulting support of WFBNA payments products to FIG clients under chaperoning principles and in coordination with RM team.
- Demonstrate positive business momentum in support of achieving GPS growth objectives by providing technical advice to clients and maintaining pipeline as reported in Salesforce and Business Tracking Report.
- Participate in pricing negotiations within guidelines provided by WFBNA.
- Monitor market performance results, including business growth, product market share and other measurement tools
- Develop senior level contacts and serve as the senior focal point for strategic client discussions and escalations.
- Make presentations to clients on products and features, as well as industry thought leadership content.
- Keep current on industry trends and participate in WF and industry seminars/conferences promoting WF payments profile and demonstrating subject matter expertise.
- Develop and distribute client proposals and RFP responses in coordination with RM team and under introductory model principles.
- Protect Wells Fargo against reputational, credit and operating risk by operating within corporate governance guidelines and notifying management of breaches, negative market rumors or client behavior which is inconsistent with our risk appetite.
- Responsible for assisting RM as necessary to establish appropriate intra-day credit facilities to support client activity.
- Provide input to RM for Relationship memo regarding expected product activity.
- Support Actual versus Anticipated management. Assist RM as necessary for client follow up to respond to variance reviews.
- Liaise with RM, Financial Institution Group Core/Risk as appropriate on GPS matters including TEDDs, client reviews
Market Skills and Certifications
- This position can be based in Hong Kong, Seoul or Tokyo.
- Demonstrate the understanding of local regulatory frameworks. Please note the following with respect to the local regulatory requirements in relation to this position.
-If the incumbent is hired in Tokyo, he/she will act as a foreign bank intermediary for and on behalf of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. The Tokyo Branch’s license allows the company to provide intermediary type of activities and do not allow agency type of activities.
-If the incumbent is hired in Hong Kong or Seoul, he/she will follow the rules and requirements for foreign bank agency and intermediary.
- Over 10 years of experience with financial institutions and product knowledge of int’l high value payments including treasury settlements, commercial and trade payments
- Client focused and service orientated with experience providing payment solutions to achieve the client’s business requirements
- Good influencing skills and comfortable working in a matrix organizational environment
- Ability to work across all levels of a client’s organization as well as interfacing across functional areas (operations, network management, product management)
- Well-developed presentation & training skills
- Understanding of competitive and banking trends in the country
- Bilingual in English and Korean or Japanese
- Able to travel frequently as business requires
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.