CDF China UnderwriterApply now Job ID 22381BR Location Shanghai, China;
As a member of Commercial Distribution Finance China Risk team, this is a key role in the Underwriting process within the CDF China ensuring transactions are appropriately approved in adherence to risk appetite, policies and documented with appropriate governance. Core primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Large Value Deal Underwriter & portfolio management
- Credit Approval of New Business Opportunities, Amendment Requests and Periodic Reviews
- Managing the investor/participation risks associated to the Large Value transactions
- Support Head of Risk China on ad-hoc credit/portfolio related projects
Large Value Deal Underwriting & Portfolio Management
- Min. 5-10 years of related credit function experiences gained from financial institutions. Prefer work experiences and formal credit training at reputable banks and financial institutions in OECD countries but not prerequisite.
- Experienced Individual within a secured Asset Finance and financial services business. CDF experience preferred but not prerequisite.
- Track record of managing, reviewing and approving large value transactions in accordance with risk appetite and policies.
- Ability to pitch large complex transactions to senior stakeholders cross LOB and wider Wells Fargo Organisation.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong personality with ability to work both independently or through building strong partnerships, cross functionally specifically working with Commercial, Risk, Capital Markets and Operations - break down silos, create one team solution.
- Highly organised and evidences good project management skills.
- Ability to think clearly whilst under pressure, using strong negotiating and influencing skills in order to deliver responsibilities of the roles across teams with competing priorities.
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English and Mandarin.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.