APAC Control Governance and Reporting Senior Associate: RiskJob ID 54220BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
- Assisting in the establishment of strong Governance and escalation routines through the formation/administration of, participation in and contribution to various risk-level and business-level committees, in coordination with IRM partners, Regional Chief Risk Officers, other Wholesale Control teams and the LOB businesses. Specifically, the role will support the collation and distribution of materials for the APAC Risk and Control Committee each month, and the collation of data, production and distribution of the regional scorecards, key risk indicators and where necessary, legal entity risk scorecards.
- Designing and providing input into front-line risk and control reporting, in coordination with the International Control Analytics & Reporting Leadership and the Regional Business Control Leaders, across all regions, ensuring consistent standards and aggregation of reports at the legal entity, country and regional levels
- Providing input into the design of and executing front line accountabilities against various Enterprise Risk Programs, for example: Enterprise Risk Identification and Assessment, Enterprise Measurement (Risk Appetite), New Business Initiatives, etc.
Market Skills and Certifications
5+ years of experience in enterprise risk or operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; business process management or financial services industry experience, of which a significant portion must have included exposure to governance meetings and reporting routines.
• Proficient knowledge and experience in International Financial Services and regulatory agencies.
• Experience in operating model design, ability to identify and transform existing programs that may be ineffective or deficient from a technological, operational and / or human capital perspective.
• Proven ability to drive successful execution of change initiatives.
• Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
• Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of Wholesale Banking.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.