APAC Operational Risk Oversight - Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Senior OfficerJob ID 60794BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
The Operational Risk team, as part of the Independent Risk Management function, is responsible for governance, oversight, and credibly challenging operational risk exposures and risk management practices through monitoring, analyzing and developing standards for remediating risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency.
About the Role
- APAC Operational Risk Business Oversight consultant is responsible for the independent oversight of front line operational risk management effectiveness of APAC-specific LOBs. This role is expected to engage with business and risk resources within the front line to influence and challenge risk management activities and decisions. Operational risk is the risk resulting from inadequate or failed internal controls and processes, people and systems, or resulting from external events. Operational risk is inherent in all Wells Fargo products and services as it often arises in the presence of other risk types.
- This role will develop specific subject matter expertise around APAC businesses (Corporate & Investment Banking), is considered a thought leader and will assist the business oversight leader with all matters pertaining to Operational Risk coverage and oversight. In this capacity, this role reviews and challenges significant Front Line operational risk program execution, including, but not limited to, business continuity, payments, external fraud, information risk management, safety and physical security, transaction processing and execution, third-party risk management and various risk assessment policies and programs. The risk professional in this role will also develop detailed understanding of business strategy, the customer base, products and services and other relevant industry issues, frameworks and emerging risks.
- Provides enterprise-wide oversight and governance of complex business group or manages integrated enterprise wide operational risk program(s) / initiative(s).
- Proactively identifies potential business operational risks.
- Develops and drives innovative operational risk approaches and solutions across the enterprise through an influence model.
- Constructively independently challenges existing risk management fundamentals or assumptions and develops alternative approaches and solutions.
- Evaluates long term implications and consequences of strategic business decisions and recommends appropriate alternatives for risk management.
- Provides consulting to business on corrective action plans and effectively managing change.
- Regularly influences and negotiates with executive management / business heads as high-level stakeholders both within and outside Wells Fargo.
- Leads initiatives and virtual teams across the organization to deliver enterprise-wide business risk management transformations.
- Leads implementation of complex initiatives with high risk, generally spanning multiple business lines.
- Internal partnership with the business and other business units, Audit, Legal, regulators, and industry partners on risk related topics.
- Leads project/ virtual teams and mentors but does not manage other team members.
Market Skills and Certifications
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Meaningful knowledge of the enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Strong understanding of one or more APAC business operations, processes, products and customer interactions where they manifest risk
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders across the organization, which includes virtual, matrixed leadership experience
- Proven leadership skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions
- Strong understanding of corporate/business policies, and programs
- Demonstrated professional ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
- Proven ability to scope, manage and execute complex risk management initiatives with high quality and timely delivery
- Flexibility and business savvy to navigate a complex, highly-matrixed organization
- Experience providing reporting and updates to senior-level management
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.