APAC Third Party Oversight Operational Risk OfficerJob ID 67922BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About the Role
This position provides ssupport to Head of Operational Risk Management in the strategy and direction to ensure successful management of the Third Party Risk Management program in the APAC region.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders in both APAC and globally to ensure compliance with the Enterprise Third Party Risk Management Policy and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Champion risk management by improving understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and risk program in APAC, especially in the area of Third Party Risk.
- Ensure that APAC Third Party risk management activities and guidance align with industry best practices as well as relevant APAC and global regulatory guidance.
- Ensuring Wells Fargo in APAC meets all local operational risk-related legal and regulatory requirements as well as Wells Fargo enterprise and business line standards and requirements.
- Oversee the Front Line’s implementation of the APAC Third Party Program and develop multi-dimensional Third Party independent risk profiles across the region, line of business and legal entities in accordance to the requirements provided in the Enterprise Third Party Policy, Operational Risk Management policies and procedures as well as relevant regulations.
- Collaborate with Front Line stakeholders and partners in other risk stripe disciplines (e.g. Information Security/Technology, BCP), Privacy, Legal, Supply Chain, etc. to ensure effective Third Party risk management in APAC.
- Challenge and oversee Front Line risk assessments, including those for RCSA, new business initiatives and projects, as well as the resolution of gaps to the Third Party Risk Management Policy and related regulatory requirements.
- Be responsible for the production of region-specific Third Party risk reports for regional governance and management forums.
- Provide support to Third Party regulatory examinations of APAC entities.
- Actively build and sustain meaningful and collaborative relationships with stakeholders from global Third Party risk oversight, as well as regional Front Line and Independent Risk Management functions, to ensure a consistent and comprehensive risk based management approach.
- Actively monitor and be informed of changes to, or newly published regulatory requirements that have direct and indirect relevance to Third Party risk management.
Market Skills and Certifications
- 8+ years’ experience in operational risk management processes with at least half of that time having been spent in international financial center
- Demonstrated experience with Third Party Risk Management and vendor risk management systems is preferred.
- Strong excel skills and analytical ability to handle risk-related data
- Demonstrated written and verbal skills providing effective updates to various levels of management, including experience in articulation of risks both verbally and in writing to various levels of staff, management, Internal Audit, and external regulators
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changing and competing priorities
- Ability to effectively multi-task and successfully work on several unrelated projects at the same time
- Qualities of character to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholder groups including line of business management, other senior management, compliance and operational risk team members, internal auditors and regulators / examiners
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.