Business Management ConsultantJob ID 67250BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
The Asia Pacific COO function provides support to the Asia Regional President and Asia Regional COO to create and manage the infrastructure and governance for Wells Fargo’s lines of business and support functions operating in Asia Pacific. The APAC COO function is also responsible for managing certain operational aspects of the company and assists the Asia Regional President & Asia Regional COO in the successful management of the Wells Fargo franchise within the Asia Pacific region.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be part of the APAC COO Business Management and Regional Governance team working closely with senior leaders across many business and functional areas to assist the APAC COO team in delivering the region’s strategy and overseeing the business’s governance frameworks, and business operating environments. The role requires strong coordination with several groups/functions including regional Branch Managers, Legal, Compliance, Finance etc.
This position requires strong organizational and functional skills to own the execution of high impact initiatives, and partner with a large number of employees from various parts of the company in APAC and the US. The candidate must also possess excellent program management, analytical, and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Support the APAC COO team and regional leaders to drive the execution and implementation of governance related processes and initiatives.
- Provide end-to end support and oversight; support the running of business administration processes
- Establishing strong governance and escalation routines through the formation/administration of, participation in and contribution to various committees
- Develop and maintain performance metrics
- Prepare discussion documents, presentations, reports and dashboard for various senior leader meetings
- Support the management and maintenance of legal entity related filings for the region
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring of effective procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization
- Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Ensure that proper governance is exercised consistently across the region
- Provide support to the APAC COO team on ad hoc initiatives
- Perform all of the above in close partnership with the various lines of business and support functions and with an enterprise mindset to ensure alignment, consistency, and maximization of shareholder value
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree
- 8+ years’ experience in financial services and/or management consulting
- Strong influencing skills/effective communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically with exceptional analytical skills, including expertise in PowerPoint, Word, Excel modeling and Outlook
- Hard-working, proactive and responsible nature, with strong desire to achieve objectives
- Self-motivated and drive to ‘take ownership’ of tasks and situations
- Meticulous, with a keen attention to detail
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, combined with the ability to quickly identify and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with appropriate prioritization, and to work independently while still being a team-player
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of Banks, the Financial Services industry and related products and services
- Experience in and/or exposure to cross-border business, operational and regulatory environment, particularly in APAC
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a necessity owing to team diversity. Mandarin language skills is a plus.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.