Director, Head of FX Trading, APACJob ID 67944BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
- Develop and implement FX trading strategy in APAC in line with the global FX business plans to grow its revenue base
- Identify opportunities for the current platform and proactively drive the platform buildout for growth
- Deliver financial results and market share of our client franchise
- Partner with the Global Sales team to develop and grow our current client base and to develop strong partnership with our clients
- Ensure all transactions comply with all operational risk and compliance requirements
- Serve clients through pricing, construction of robust, data-driven trade ideas, consistent communication with Sales.
- Generate consistent profitability and manage risk prudently while partnering with various risk management functions.
- Work with other Trading Desks across locations to accurately and efficiently disseminate market relevant information.
- Improve trading desk infrastructure by leveraging in-house technology and optimize electronic trading across Asia/Europe/US.
- Provide feedback on customer satisfaction and make recommendations to drive product innovation
Market Skills and Certifications
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extensive knowledge of FX products and solutions
- In depth understanding of technological, risk and regulatory trends impacting FX business
- Technical expertise in regulatory, compliance, and risk management issues.
- Successful track record of industry thought leadership and developing senior level relationships.
- Strong experience in developing and execution of business strategies.
- Ability to analyze data and use for decision-making and managing initiatives.
- Successful track record in systematically executing initiatives using project management disciplines.
- Highest level of integrity and good judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong stakeholder skills and ability to work and lead across functions.
- Strong commercial judgement, excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organizational environment and partnership skills.
- University Degree or advanced qualifications and equivalent experience
- Extensive proven experience with Securities and investment banking experience at leadership level.
- Experience in leading a FX trading team in APAC.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment as well as a strong business sense with a strategic and tactical orientation.
- Relevant license for conducting FX trading activities.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.