Enterprise Testing Officer – Regulatory ReportingJob ID 66663BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
The Independent Testing & Validation team is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework and ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls according to standards and other applicable policies.
About the Role
This role is in the Regulatory Reporting Incremental Compliance (RRIC) team within Independent Testing & Validation (IT&V). RRIC is a centralized team, operates as a second line of defense over the regulatory and risk report production processes subject to BCBS 239 requirements. The team is an integral part of the Company’s control environment and provides credible challenge to relevant participants in the reporting processes. RRIC has enterprise-wide exposure to lines of business, regulatory and risk reporting stakeholders as well as the external financial reporting and regulatory reporting infrastructures and frequently coordinates with internal audit.
Enterprise Testing Officer role will provide strategic support for testers by gathering requirements and delivering data needs and detailed analysis for their organization.
- Leading execution of moderate to high risk or complex testing activities/engagements in a matrixed environment, and communicates emerging risks to management
- Timely completion of testing engagements in accordance with annual test plan
- Leading and supporting efforts to credibly challenge risks in the end-to-end regulatory reporting processes and effectively evaluate controls to mitigate those risks
- Partnering with business partners to understand the environment and related initiatives to develop appropriate and complementary testing procedures
- Documenting test results and issues identified while also providing and communicating recommendations to management
- Reviewing and interpreting new and revised corporate and IT&V policies and procedures and assess impacts
- Developing clear and concise reporting to be shared with IT&V management and Front Line Units
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business, other second and third line functions, and IT&V functions
- Identifying and implementing efficiencies and process improvements, including automation opportunities pertaining to metrics and reporting
Market Skills and Certifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience in regulatory reporting and risk management includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management)
- With direct experience in regulatory reporting and testing
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Big four public accounting experience
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding SOX Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Specialized knowledge or prior regulatory compliance testing or review experience
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders or executives
- Experience supporting Regulatory Exams (Domestic and Int’l), Audits, or other regulatory reporting related assessments
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated success with influencing business units to identify, formulate and implement processes/procedures to mitigate risk
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with lines of business and technology. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.