Legal CounselJob ID 60382BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About the Role
Provides advice to Wells Fargo’s senior management, business units and support functions on a wide range of issues including regulatory matters, transactions and corporate law issues with lawyers located in Wells Fargo’s offices globally.
- Work as part of the APAC team on the implementation of the program responsible for documenting Wells Fargo’s legal requirements in APAC.
- Provide written summaries of legal and regulatory developments in APAC to stakeholders, including the Legal Department, the business, and other corporate functions, and advise on such developments as needed.
- Analyze laws, regulations and rules to assess applicability and impact to Wells Fargo’s activities in APAC.
- Collaborate with internal line of business lawyers to respond to questions from the business and corporate functions.
- Communicate regularly and co-ordinating with Head Office Legal Department, in particular adhering to policies and procedures on managing external counsel relationships and all related expenses, particularly on transactions (and approving legal invoices).
- Consult with and advising clients and representing the Bank in dealing with others inside and outside the organization, as appropriate.
- Keep other Law Department and line of business colleagues updated on APAC legal developments and their impact on Wells Fargo’s businesses.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on Compliance policies, advising and working with Compliance Department as appropriate.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Duly qualified lawyer admitted to practice law in England, the United States, other common-law or European jurisdiction.
- Ability to analyze legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters.
- Prior experience in advising on legal, regulatory, and compliance issues for a financial services firm.
- Ability to evaluate impacts based on changes in laws or regulations.
- Experience conducting research and providing counsel and guidance regarding complex legal issues.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.