Markets APAC Change LeadJob ID 61605BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Reporting into the Markets APAC Chief Operating Officer (“COO”), this position will serve as the Markets APAC Change Lead (Business Initiatives Sr. Manager) for the Markets business in the region. The role will contribute (data analysis, business analysis, systems analysis etc.) and lead (project manage, portfolio manage etc.) global and regional initiatives impacting the business. The book of work can cover such topics as new products and licenses, regulatory reform, audits, remediations, process and control mapping exercises etc.The success of this role centers around being entrepreneurial and independently establishing close partnerships with all desks and logistics & control functions, both locally and abroad. The position will be based in Hong Kong or Singapore.
Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
- Oversee, support and / or drive strategic programs and change management efforts for the Markets business
- Establish and coordinate the project intake process, ensuring scope, requirements and priorities are understood
- Independently and proactively identify and lead risk, efficiency and technology improvement opportunities
- Be the lead and at times the subject matter expert on projects and their associated governance structures
- Develop project execution plans and hold self and other stakeholders accountable
- Develop business cases, including revenue and cost (project and running) forecasting
- Identify and broker solutions between the business and support & risk partners, ensuring requirements are met
- Drive and deliver analyses, documenting and articulating problem statements, scope, business requirements, dependencies etc. to a very high standard
- Deep dive issues / incidents on behalf of the business, challenge support partners in their activities and develop credible and trackable action plans
- Routinely support key meetings (board, executive, operating etc) through the preparation of materials and meeting admin
- Work closely with the Regional Management team, including Regional President, Country Managers, and Regional COO on the execution of key / cross business line initiatives
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree with a post graduate degree or other professional designation being advantageous
- 8+ years of direct working experience in a securities and derivatives operating environments
- 3+ years of direct working experience in change/ project management, business analysis or process reengineering
- Prince 2, Six Sigma, Agile or other project management / business analysis qualification / certification
- Experience in running multiple concurrent projects and playing various roles within projects (data analyst, BA, PM etc.)
- Proactive and disciplined approach to managing projects and executing analyses
- Intimate knowledge of FICC products and their execution channels
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Access and SharePoint, including VBA and SQL skills
- Proficient system and process flow mapping skills, including experience with using Microsoft Visio
- Detail orientated, proactive problem solver with very strong numerical, verbal and analytical skills
- Mandarin / Japanese language skills a plus, but not required
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.