Middle Market Banking Relationship ManagerApply now Job ID 22330BR Location Singapore, Singapore;
The Relationship Manager serves as key support for a rapidly growing Lending and Trade Services portfolio in Singapore. The role is expected to manage existing and new relationships which require strong Product, Market and Compliance experience. Proactive involvement is required to execute the Middle Market Banking business mandate, with primary focus in developing and driving growth under the ‘US Inbound’ business strategy, while concurrently managing and growing the ‘Local Subsidiary’ business for Middle Market Banking customers in the US. This is an ideal position for a hard-working and ambitious individual who wants to work in a stimulating environment with tremendous growth opportunities, where teamwork and collaboration are valued and rewarded.
Primary areas of responsibility will cover the following areas:
- Develop and manage existing U.S. Subsidiary wholesale banking relationships with Singapore-based companies. Develop and implement strategic relationship plans for those customers.
- Develop focus list of targeted Medium Corporate and Upper Mid-Cap Corporate in Singapore, seek to establish new local parent company relationships driving business opportunities to provide banking services (including credit) to their U.S. Subsidiary.
- Work with Wells Fargo’s U.S. offices to gain referrals from the U.S. Parent companies for their subsidiaries in Singapore. Primary products will be lending (unsecured and asset-based lending), foreign exchange, trade finance and cash management (i.e. deposits).
- Provide “Singapore-specific” advice and expertise to Wells Fargo’s U.S. offices. Participate in the continuing education of all Wells Fargo teams on the Singapore bank wholesale markets and economy in general.
- Actively develop relationships with Singaporean wholesale organizations that have U.S. parents or involved in advising foreign investments into U.S., so as to assist Wells Fargo in raising its profile with Singaporean wholesale companies and identify potential business opportunities with their ventures in U.S.
- Build Wells Fargo’s brand within the Singapore wholesale business community.
- Work closely with the Regional Manager – Asia Pacific and Offshore Regional Lead, Global Advisory to build the Middle Market Banking business.
- Grow the RelationshipView activity and Pipeline for the team in Singapore with cross-border oversight on India, working with the Global Advisors and Middle Market Bankers in the U.S.
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- 10-year track record of professional success as a seasoned Regional Relationship Manager with US MNCs. Experienced Relationship Manager in current/previous role for a large bank
- Extensive experience in Singapore with Regional Treasury Centers and Subsidiaries of large U.S. & European Multinational Corporations. Experience of covering clients regionally across Asia
- Good understanding of financial market products
- Strong credit background and broad understanding of transactional banking products of cash management, trade services, foreign exchange and credit
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, email, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player with ability to coordinate with product partners and support functions
- Capacity to take pressure and deliver business objectives, complete task deadline and prioritize workload are some key traits of a successful candidate
- Proven experience in risk recognition and portfolio management
- Reputation as a strong team player with high personal integrity
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.