Privacy Officer, APACJob ID 48988BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
- Develop and administer any regional or country-level privacy policies and standards, in coordination with the Global Privacy Program manager and front line privacy leaders where appropriate; provide advice and guidance on the interpretation of privacy requirements and such policies
- Understand the personal data processing activities conducted by the businesses and staff functions operating in the region or country and provide independent oversight to new product, initiative or function due diligence risk management processes to ensure front line adherence to privacy-related laws, regulations and policies, including consultation on cross-border transfers of personal data
- Monitor and communicate about any data protection and privacy developments within the region, in coordination with the Global Privacy Office to privacy leaders, regional management, Compliance, Corporate Risk and other appropriate groups and manage the regional privacy community of practice
- Independently review controls and procedures to implement applicable data protection and privacy policies and applicable privacy-related laws, regulations and any country or region-specific procedures developed by the front line functions and design and/or coordinate independent testing as appropriate
- Coordinate with regional management to (a) make and maintain any regulatory filings related to data protection required by local law for all legal entities operating in the region or country and (b) be the primary point of contact for data protection regulatory authorities
Market Skills and Certifications
- 7+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management; 2+ years of leadership experience.
- BS/BA degree or higher, law degree a plus
- Creative, collaborative, and able to identify roadblocks, envision solutions and work towards resolution
- Ability to influence others into mutually desired outcomes
- Individual must be a self-starter, able to work independently and drive for results
- Ability to interact with senior management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- CIPP or equivalent certification or qualification
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.