Regulatory Compliance Testing & Validation Manager, APACJob ID 61393BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The International Testing & Validation (T&V) function provides regulatory compliance and operational risk oversight through the execution of standardized testing across those disciplines. This function is designed to provide independent assurance that risk programs and controls are operating effectively across the following key risk types: Financial Crimes, Regulatory Compliance, and Operational Risk.
The position reports into the APAC Head of International Testing & Validation.
About the Role
The APAC Regulatory Compliance Testing & Validation Manager will lead and where required, to be hands on in executing testing engagements, including involvement in the development and execution of a comprehensive testing plan in line with enterprise and regional requirements, management and development of a team of testing consultants and building of relationships with regional and global stakeholders and risk teams.
- Leads a team of subject matter experts with proficiencies in performing testing activities to evaluate regulatory compliance considerations within identified business processes according enterprise and business line related policies
- Executes on testing strategies and methodologies
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls and identifies issues resulting from such review activities.
- Identifies deficiencies and recommends solutions to complex issues.
- Consults with management and other regional stakeholders to develop corrective action plans and monitors corrective action to completion.
- Plan & supervise issues and corrective actions validation activities that independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of corrective actions taken to remediate issues based on defined methodology.
- Review and oversee formal documentation of testing activity within the working papers in accordance with the methodology and team expectations.
- Reports findings and drafts recommendations to risk and business line management.
- Maintains an understanding of the regulatory compliance framework and the interconnectivity of its key components.
- Cultivates and fosters positive relationships with key business partners.
- Managing and developing of 4-8 risk consultants.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Experience in managing audits or testing activities
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Detail and task oriented
- Ability to work in a complex, rapidly changing environment and regulatory pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Web based applications
- CRCM or equivalent certification
- BS/BA or equivalent
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.