Senior Project ManagerJob ID 60827BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
The Group Portfolio Delivery International team is part of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Business Execution Services division and responsible for managing business change initiatives that may span the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions.
About the Role
This position could be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore
The Senior Project Manager position reports directly to the Regional Project Management Manager Lead and will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of change projects that cross multiple Lines of Business (LoBs), and Legal Entities (LEs) whilst working with delivery partners e.g. Legal, Compliance, Finance, Operations. Change projects may range from Regulatory, Compliance, Business Enablement and Strategic Transformation.
- Lead a number of Business Initiatives and Change Management work-streams; interact with stakeholders at all levels and across numerous disciplines to both ensure (i) the objectives of any work undertaken are commonly understood and agreed; (ii) progress against those objectives is communicated in a timely; accurate and appropriate manner, (iii) platform/process impacts effectively and efficiently imbedded as Business as Usual.
- Contribute to the budget process, gathering data on resource requirements to support work-streams under direct management and subjecting initial estimates to rigorous challenge before presenting them for consolidation.
- Escalate, as appropriate, any issues arising in the support of work streams managed which may have a negative impact on the International platform/process or the delivery of the project as a whole or on resources and/ or systems.
- Liaise with business partners to define the handover criteria which will signal the transition of a project activity to business as usual and, where appropriate, the program of measures (policy and procedures); training; definition of Key Risk Indicators) to be initiated to ensure ongoing monitoring of the change implemented.
- Ensure all work undertaken is delivered in accordance with both established Wholesale Portfolio Delivery process and protocols and the Wells Fargo Project Management Policy and Methodology.
- Accountable for direct and independent management of primarily high risk/strategic projects, and/or participates as a member of larger effort(s) to independently manage sub-program components.
- Successfully informs and influences sponsors and key stakeholders to promote success of project prioritization, senior and executive leadership through times of ambiguity, and obstacle management.
- Seeks counsel of peers, stakeholders, and/or program/project leads in times of strategically complex or critical ambiguity and adapts planning, communications, and engagements accordingly.
- Incorporates multi-business and enterprise support operations organizational/systems knowledge and navigation to anticipate change impacts.
- Ensures full understanding of project impacts then translates that into comprehensive engagement strategies.
- Performs all usual duties of a Project Manager in accordance with policy, methodology and artifact creation. This includes needs identification; resource requirements; project dependencies, planning and progression; financials management; status reporting; prolific and effective communications; ongoing risk assessment and adaptation; and appropriate escalation strategies and implementation.
- Incorporates regular and appropriate consultation with executive leadership, sponsors, business and other stakeholders to validate project trajectory and project performance feedback.
- Ensures that Risk Controls are met.
- Provides performance feedback to managers of project team members. Regularly coaches other project managers or project coordinators, including matrix management. May at times be assigned as a program leader.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Change Management experience gained within an International Investment Bank.
- Experience in carrying out business case development, building out project proposals for executive sponsorship; both management consultancy and bank side background considered.
- Ability to manage by influence and so engage stakeholders at all levels, across business and functions to deliver against defined objectives.
- Solid project management experience and ability to clearly demonstrate management of cross functional/cross discipline teams both through direct management and influence.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Proficiency in managing multiple tasks; work-streams concurrently, prioritizing accordingly to ensure consistent deliver to time.
- Strong analytical skills; the role requires interpretation and synthesis of regulatory, business and technical information to ensure that the solutions implemented meet the needs of both Wells Fargo and its clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to vary approach and so ensure that the method of communicating any message is tailored to the intended audience.
- Experience of a Project Management methodology e.g. Prince2, PMP, Six Sigma, etc. Hands of day-to-day expertise of Microsoft Project, and a project management tool e.g. Clarity.
- Unquestionable conduct, ethics and integrity.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.