Senior Trade Services RepresentativeJob ID 61597BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
- Responsible for servicing Trade Services clients with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Duties include: processing & checking/releasing of all Import and Export L/C bill items, shipping documents, negotiation schedules, Export/Import Collections, B/L endorsements and prepare payments using respective in-house system independently in accordance with Trade Services standards.
- Handle departmental administrative duties, such as preparation of reports, reconciliation duties, UAT etc.
- Create/release transactions in TradeWorks system include but not limited to LC Advising, LC Issuance, create presentation activities, stage payment, etc.
- Check import/export bills documents and apply knowledge of commercial law/government regulations, e.g. OFAC, UCP600, URC 522
- Identify/implement process improvement opportunities
- Assist Team Leader / Manager with training new or existing staff on new products or procedures
- Require full working knowledge of complex L/C structure, documentation, governing rules, standard and regulations, internal policies & credit risk
- Accountable for upholding company vision and values statement
- Identify and raise risk, control etc. issues in a responsible and timely manner
- Liaise and collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth facilitation of transactions
- Ensure customer satisfaction and needs are consistently met such as strict adherence on internal turnaround times, quality etc.
Market Skills and Certifications
- College degree or above with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in bills checking/LC processing preferred
- Hands on experience in MS Words & Excel
- Exposure in computerised banking facilities
- Able to work on APAC country public holidays if fall on Mondays to Fridays
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good team player and willing to learn
- Fresh graduate or less experience will be considered as Trade Operation Specialist.
OFAC - Office of Foreign Assets Control
UCP - The Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits
URR - Uniform Rules for Bank-to-Bank Reimbursements under Documentary Credits
URC - Uniform Rules for Collections
CDCS - Certified Documentary Credit Specialist
AML - Anti-Money Laundering
BSA - Bank Secrecy Act
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.