Trade Services ManagerJob ID 44034BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
- Manage a team of Document Examination and Customer Service professionals
- Manage lending operations requirements on various bilateral and syndicate loans
- Work closely with various internal stake holders including Business, Product, Compliance, Legal and Technical Advisory Team as required.
- Interface with external customers on transactional requirements.
- Handle language review and processing of Standby Letters of Credits and Bank Guarantees
- Load share & assist Team members in Document Examination and Transaction Processing
- Manage Business Continuity requirements as per Bank guidelines
- To work with Business, Product Management and Risk Management on structured deals.
- To help identify and determine whether transactions are related to money laundering, terrorist financing, or suspicious in nature according to procedures suggested by Trade Services Compliance.
- Manage Nostro reconciliation and other reconciliations for the branch.
- To provide response to transactional queries raised by business and team members.
- To handle internal and external audit related to Trade Finance
- To ensure customer satisfaction by providing processing and consulting services in the area of trade services to internal team members and external customers.
- Duties include reviewing, reformatting, drafting, issuing, advising, amending and negotiating/paying of standby letters of credit.
- Provide support to the team in terms of Document examination and processing requirements including Bank Guarantees and Standby Letters of Credit.
- Work closely with the hub teams to ensure transactions are processed as per SLA
- Working knowledge of Lending Operations including Syndicate and Bilateral loan document verification, loan set up, drawdown, payments, fee / interest handling, handling physical documentation, loan liquidation
- Good working knowledge of Loan IQ system.
- To study various trade newsletters and publications from ICC and other professional bodies to keep abreast of the latest development and cases in trade, as applicable.
- To participate in external trade projects, as required. (E.g. those organized by SWIFT for standbys and guarantees).
- To keep updated on emerging market trends in Trade finance and related areas such as SWIFT, digitization, eUCP, SBLCs, Incoterms & Bank Guarantees.
- Actively participate in meetings and discussions of ICC in-country chapter & other Trade related associations as required and update the trade team members on latest developments.
Market Skills and Certifications
- At least 10 years of trade experience preferably with CDCS qualification.
- Diploma in Business Management or above.
- Well versed in various ICC rules (e.g. UCP600, ISPB745 & Incoterms).
- Good knowledge of SBLC, Bank Guarantees and application of ICC rules (ISP & URDG)
- Trade services experience including strong background in handling complex trade transactions with ability to identify customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of compliance and regulatory requirements in international banking.
- Full working knowledge of complex L/C structure, documentation, governing rules, standards and regulations, internal policies, international and domestic bank operations and credit risk implications.
- Excellent Team management skill and proven track record of managing team of 10-20 team members
- Must be willing to work in London time zone based on requirement.
- Working knowledge of Lending and Loan IQ system knowledge will be an added advantage
- Good experience in managing branch operations and handling audits is a must
- Must be a team player and must be able to work closely with business and with customers and manage stakeholder relationship.
- Good communication in English.
- Good MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- Good presentation skills.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.