Senior Lead AuditorJob ID 46008BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
About the Business
Wells Fargo Securities Japan (WFSJ) provides a comprehensive approach to the sales, trading, structuring, advisory and execution of a wide variety of financial products focused on the needs of our customers.
About the Role
Statutory Audit is a provider of independent, objective, and advisory services delivered through a highly professional and diverse team. The primary function is to determine if the company’s risk management, systems of control, and governance processes are adequate and functioning as intended. As a business partner, you will make significant contributions to protecting the value of Wells Fargo’s corporate assets.
We are seeking for exceptional talent who can demonstrate an appreciation of risks facing international banking operations and experience auditing those risks. The role is a 4-year Fixed Term Contract with working days of 2-3 days a week and 15 hours per week.
- Perform regular audits and reviews on the operations conducted by Board members and team members; and advise on any non-compliance issues to mitigate risks
- Perform audits on Board member’s decisions, board resolutions and outside engagements of Board members
- Evaluate the results of the Accountant’s audit and the methodology used
- Perform audits on the internal control system, the whistleblowing system and other communication channels to facilitate team member disclosure of potential compliance issues
- Review financial audits and internal regulations, make recommendations to improve the policies and process where necessary
- Maintain a ’no surprises’ environment with business partners as well as with peers and WFSJ management by fostering an environment of open communication, and focusing on issues that make a difference
- Collaborate with Asia Pacific Wells Fargo Audit Services team members to fulfill regulatory requests
Market Skills and Certifications
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Experience at a multinational financial institution or public accounting firm auditing a variety of products (i.e. securities, asset management) and support functions (i.e. treasury, operations, compliance)
- Knowledge of international banking regulatory and supervisory frameworks and regulatory requirements for foreign financial institutions, particularly in Asia Pacific
- Relevant professional certification such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), or Securities License
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and processes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Willingness to work flexible hours to collaborate with global team members
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.