Commercial Portfolio ManagerApply now Job ID 19807BR Location Toronto, Canada;
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range offinancing solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operatesin 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WellsFargo first conducted business in Canada in 1854 and since then has continued to build a strong presence across the country. WellsFargo now offers a broad range of financial products and services through multiple lines of business operating throughout Canada.
The Regional Commercial Banking Office (RCBO) has a new opportunity for a Portfolio Manager to join the Eastern Canada Middle Market Banking team in Toronto, Canada,reporting to the SVP, Loan Team Manager. The Portfolio Manager is focused on managing a large credit portfolio of middle market account relationships within the RCBO and will be responsible for credit management of the Eastern Canada and Québec portfolio.
This is a senior level position. The Portfolio Manager, in collaboration with a team of Relationship Managers,will be responsible for monitoring, documenting, underwriting analyzing and reacting to credit actions for an assigned portfolio.
- Working with RCBO management, relationship managers and credit to underwrite, monitor and grow middle market relationships.
- Specifically accountable for credit underwriting and origination, portfolio monitoring, renewals and annual reviews.
- Typically workson complex deals, has client interaction, and provides support in managing the portfolio. This includes researching trends and the analysis of the financial performance of clients and underwriting of credit products and operating exposures.
- Manages and promotes the maintenance of a portfolio that adheres to all applicable credit policies and compliance requirements.
- Works with clients directly to understand credit needs and represents the Bank in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Continuously looks for opportunities for revenue generation and deepening client relationships.
- May periodically assist with office risk management duties and managing account relationships.
- Responsibilities may also include training, supervision and/or mentoring of analysts or junior portfolio managers.
- 3+ years of account relationship management experience, credit management experience, or a combination of both.
- Strong analytical skills and detailed knowledge of IFRS and GAAP.
- Proven ability to analyze financial statements, develop projection models and communicate findings in a clear, concise manner for large/complex clients.
- Account relationship management and/or credit portfolio management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial or corporate lending, loan servicing, products, and credit practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex credit underwriting through the highest level of the approval process on an independent basis.
- Experience originating, structuring and executing transactions related to corporate/commercial lending and other credit-related products.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of: price, terms, risk management, and collateral requirements.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills along with sound critical thinking.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion or any other status protected by applicable legislation, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.