Payroll Consultant (1 year contract)Apply now Job ID 35740BR Location Toronto, Canada;
Market Job Description
Wells Fargo first conducted business in Canada in 1854 and since then has continued to build a strong presence across the country. Wells Fargo now offers a broad range of financial products and services through multiple lines of business operating throughout Canada.
- Oversees data maintenance to ensure complete and accurate record of payroll information by preparing payroll input forms for junior analysts, calculating and processing changes on internal reports outside of PeopleSoft, and reviewing inputs in PeopleSoft.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for team members, managers, and senior managers regarding payroll inquiries, records, deductions, and procedures.
- Ensures payroll operations and controls are followed, and maintains compliance with policy and/or law; applies and/or recommends corrective actions when necessary; audits work completed by analysts; drafts standard operating procedures.
- Identifies and owns resolution of payroll regulatory risks by applying understanding of current industry practices.
- Analyzes, reviews, and resolves complex data and/or transaction changes and exceptions in area of focus with moderate high legal compliance consequences while monitoring impacts to operations and resources. May guide analysts on assignments.
- Prepare Analyzes, reviews, and resolves complex data and/or transaction changes
- Ensure that all payroll taxes are filed timely and accurately
- Ensure accuracy of tax withholdings and reporting for all non-resident alien and foreign team members
- Develop (as needed) and maintain written procedures for all aspects of daily payroll operation; ensuring compliance of internal audit initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies, controls, or compliance concerns
- Ensure all payroll year-end end requirements are met. Including preparation of year-end tax fillings and remittances
- Maintain high level of customer service to WF team members, management and third party affiliates
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislative changes with respect to payroll and audit compliance
- Assist with internal/external audits
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of laws, regulations, and company practices and policies related to payroll matters such as inquiries, records, deductions, and procedures.
- Uses automated data processing systems (PeopleSoft) to enter data, perform analyses, and run reports regarding payroll data.
- Opportunity to convert to full-time permanent depending on performance
Market Skills and Certifications
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Payroll Legislation for all provinces
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: HR operations, accounting, payroll, payroll tax
- Strong attention to detail; must be highly organized
- Canadian Payroll Certification PCP or higher designation
- Advance MS Office; Excel and Word
- Ability to use analysis to resolve complex tax issues
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Payroll Compliance
- Excellent oral and written communications for distribution to others within the organization (i.e., payroll team, leadership, partners, etc.).
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.