Intern, Corporate Banking, Financial AnalystJob ID 61298BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Financial Analyst Intern, Corporate & Investment Banking
Accepting Fall Intern for 4 months or 8 months internship, starting from September 2021.
Wells Fargo provides large corporate, middle market, and financial institution customers with a range of banking solutions, including credit, treasury management, foreign exchange, debt capital markets, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from over 40 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Canada, Cayman Islands, Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, and Tokyo.
The Corporate & Investment Banking Division within Wells Fargo's Global business segment has a new opportunity to join the Corporate Banking Canada team in Toronto. As part of the internship, you will be responsible for the following key responsibilities:
- Works with the team to complete credit analysis involving complex and diverse information, financial modeling/projections and industry/business risk analysis in support of loan participations for large corporations with >$1B in revenue.
- Monitors and maintains an existing loan portfolio, which includes ongoing interpretation and analysis of financial information and risk factors to determine borrower compliance and risk rating recommendations.
- Researches, examines and interprets customer portfolio, competitors and related industry in order to prepare a comprehensive credit report opinion.
- Reviews and interprets credit policies and procedures and incorporates requirements into credit analysis, observations and lending recommendations.
- Communicates with product partners and prepares materials for prospective/client presentations.
- May participate in presentations to senior management and/or client calls.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Working towards a Commerce degree or equivalent with strong academic achievement (Major in Finance or Accounting an asset), with an expected graduation year of 2022.
- Strong knowledge in financial modeling
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Based on outstanding performance, Financial Analyst Intern who successfully complete the program may be considered for a full-time permanent Financial Analyst Program position within the team upon receiving his/her degree.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.