Executive Compensation Sr. Functional ConsultantJob ID 5566896
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Human Resources develops and implements our “employees, candidates, and operational” strategies to support Wells Fargo’s business objectives. This group manages compensation and benefits, human resource service centers, systems and payroll, employee relations and assistance, talent management, learning and development, and recruiting. We work together as One HR to make Wells Fargo an employer of choice. Our foundational success is based on the ability to operate efficiently, attract, retain, develop HR employees, strengthen controls, and scale technology infrastructure.
Wells Fargo is seeking an Executive Compensation Sr. Functional Consultant to join our Executive Compensation team. This organization is responsible for managing the design, structure, and administration of the executive compensation and performance management programs for the senior-most executives at Wells Fargo, as well managing the company’s long-term incentives and deferred compensation programs.
In this role, the team member will support all aspects of the preparation and distribution of materials for meetings of the Human Resource Committee (HRC) and the Board of Directors. In addition, the team member will provide support and analysis for the design and implementation of executive compensation programs, policies, and procedures in order to align them with Company-wide goals and strategies. The role will also play a key part in the development of the Compensation Discussion & Analysis (CD&A) section of the proxy statement, and will be required to conduct extensive research and analysis related to public disclosures in proxy statements, 10-Ks, form 4s, etc.
This individual will work across lines of business compensation, Total Rewards and other HR functions in a large, complex, and matrixed environment to provide support and strategic guidance on broad-based compensation programs, as needed. This includes leading the ongoing development of monitoring processes, partnering on manager communications, and validation efforts related to the identification of in scope employees and key deliverables during annual performance and compensation decisions.
• Prepare meeting materials for the HRC, ensuring all materials and reporting requirements are thorough, accurate, and achieved in a timely manner, and collaborate cross-functionally with HR, finance, legal, and risk departments on related matters as needed.
• Conduct extensive analysis on executive compensation programs and support continued evolution of such programs to align the interests of executives with those of shareholders.
• Collect and analyze market data to evaluate executive positions and provide strategic guidance.
• Role will be expected to maintain knowledge of SEC regulations, proxy advisory methodologies, international regulatory requirements, and other applicable regulations, such as Dodd Frank.
• Provide support to the designated external consultant to the HRC.
• Prepare the CD&A section of the proxy statement.
• Partner with external consulting firms on market pricing, surveys, and other ad hoc projects.
Location(s): The preferred location(s) for this job opening are as listed in the job posting (Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Des Moines, IA; San Antonio, TX; Atlanta, GA). However, other locations will be considered for this opportunity
Salary range is determined by location of the job.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule:
Salary range: Min: $129,500 Mid: $185,000 Max: $240,500
May be considered for discretionary bonus
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of Executive Compensation experience
- Experience in developing compensation strategies and programs (both broad based and executive compensation)
- Experience navigating a large company with a complex and heavily matrixed organization structure
- Comfort operating in an evolving environment, and willingness to explore various alternatives and solutions through self-initiation
- Experience in Compensation, Risk, Compliance, or other regulatory related projects/environment
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives in a dynamic environment and deliver high quality results with accuracy, speed and agility.
- Demonstrated success in managing initiatives in large, decentralized, complex teams with multiple business groups and broad geographic reach.
To be determined
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
GA-Atlanta: 3579 Atlanta Ave - Atlanta, GA
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.